PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

scottief
Tue Mar 23, 2010, 07:48 AM
Hi everyone I thought I'd introduce myself, my name is Scott and am getting back into discus after doing marines for 15 years. I'm converting a marine tank over to do discus, it is a reef octopus biolife 3ft it will be running a sump with a 2400lph pump, I have a deltec phosphate reactor, 4x24wT5HO and a 4 stage RO/DI unit from PSI filters . I know I'll have to get some biofiltration (bioballs, noodles). Was going to do a planted tank using ADA Amazonia for substrate. Is there anything I'm missing and could I use my reactor for peat moss at all. Thanks Scott :D

Tommo
Fri Apr 23, 2010, 06:38 AM
Hi everyone I thought I'd introduce myself, my name is Scott and am getting back into discus after doing marines for 15 years. I'm converting a marine tank over to do discus, it is a reef octopus biolife 3ft it will be running a sump with a 2400lph pump, I have a deltec phosphate reactor, 4x24wT5HO and a 4 stage RO/DI unit from PSI filters . I know I'll have to get some biofiltration (bioballs, noodles). Was going to do a planted tank using ADA Amazonia for substrate. Is there anything I'm missing and could I use my reactor for peat moss at all. Thanks Scott :D

Hi Scott

Yep you sure can use your phosphate reactor , i myself have just shut down my 5x2x2 marine tank.
And i just need to clean it "i have freshwater and vinegar in it at the moment " Killing all the coraline algae off it and also the hard green scum algae.

Also if you want some thing a little cheaper why not use.

http://www.aquariumproducts.com.au/plant_fertilizersubstrate.php

Also you might want to change the kelvin rating of the lights "well to be honest it does depend on what K rating they are at the moment"

Are you planing on using a Co2 unit ?

Cheers mate

Andrew