PDA

View Full Version : Panduro pics

steph
Sun Mar 21, 2010, 11:00 AM
Managed to grab a couple of pictures of my panduro today. When I moved them into their tank the pair no longer seemed to be well bonded, and the female was pretty much spending most of her time hiding out at the top of the tank and the male would chase her a little.
Well after a month or so they now seem to have settled down, and the female has turned a nice shade of yellow and is busy flirting with the male and digging in her pot.

steph
Sun Mar 28, 2010, 05:15 AM
I read once on a website that A. panduro are peaceful cichlids suitable for a community tank - ha! my pair have killed all four endlers in the tank as target fish and have produced a spawn - free swimming today.

Steph

jluna
Sun Mar 28, 2010, 06:06 AM
peaceful??!! where did you read that? they must have had prozac in their water - mine were the most aggressive apistos i've ever kept.

Robdog
Sun Mar 28, 2010, 06:35 AM
Ditto :lol:

Hassles
Sun Mar 28, 2010, 01:31 PM
peaceful??!! where did you read that? they must have had prozac in their water - mine were the most aggressive apistos i've ever kept.

heh heh heh get yourself some A.nijsseni and make comparisons

jluna
Sun Mar 28, 2010, 08:47 PM
though my female nijsseni was a grouch, she did not out-and-out attack like the panduro. and i hardly ever saw the male! but being from the same complex, it's hardly surprising they share some character traits.

steph
Sun Mar 28, 2010, 10:56 PM
I am watching carefully for signs of female aggression to the male. - Should I try and remove him? I know panduro develop a close pair bond so I am loath to break it if its not necessary. Or do I go and buy a bunch of ultra cheap white clouds or something as 'targets' to keep the pair working together.

Steph

jluna
Mon Mar 29, 2010, 04:12 AM
i'd be more inclined to just add as much cover as possible so both have hidey-holes. dithers won't stop the female if she chooses to have a go at the male.