PDA

View Full Version : online aquarium supplies

andrewl
Thu Mar 11, 2010, 02:08 PM
hi all has any body got any good suggestions for online aquarium shops i have tried the reef shop and they seem good.

regards

andy

sanoptic
Thu Mar 11, 2010, 09:46 PM
Hi,
I have bought from Pet Supplies Australia & Age of aquariums with zero problems.
I've also purchased life fish & shrimps & Plants from Aquageen up in the Northern territory with no DOAs.

All the above have great customer service i.m.o.

cheers

TW
Thu Mar 11, 2010, 10:48 PM
I've bought from all of them as well, with no problems experienced.

In particular, Ben from Age of Aquariums and Dave form Aquagreen are great to deal with.

Ben has super cheap courier costs too

ILLUSN
Fri Mar 12, 2010, 12:21 AM
AGE OF AQUATRIUMS: Ben is excellent and FAST delivery with extramly cheap cost!

PSA: FANTASTIC SERVICE, seriously, online invantory is great you now if they have stock before you order, pricing is INSANE, permium prodicts well below 50% of my LFS, Delivery is Super fast the longest I've waited is 48hrs!!!

Reefshop:......... take forever to deliver orders, often send orders incomplete, no communication if they dont have stock they just send what they have and never give you an ETA when the rest of your order will be ready, prices are good but service could be better.

Aquaria: great product range, nice service, fast postage, prices are still bout 5-15% below LFS

andrewl
Fri Mar 12, 2010, 01:38 PM
thanks for the advice the age of aquariums seems to be the go has any body puched Discus online without problems?

JamezMan
Sat Mar 13, 2010, 02:49 AM
One to watch out for is Guppys Aquarium Online, I've had a bad experience with them and they didn't handle the situation well at all.

Luke.

andrewl
Sat Mar 13, 2010, 03:33 AM
Thanks Luke i will bear that in mind i am wondering what peoples opions are i have aqua one 980 around the 200 litres with gravel and a couple of rocks and no live plants, currently I have 6 juevanille discus some cardinal tetras and rummy noses have i reached a point that i would be greedy to add more discus?

swampy1972
Wed May 12, 2010, 04:33 AM
thanks for the advice the age of aquariums seems to be the go has any body puched Discus online without problems?

I haven't personally, but I seen photos from DF members after buying from Rod Lewis from Fishmania. His pricing, shippin costs and feedback seems excellent. Google him for a link or PM me for details.

TW
Wed May 12, 2010, 04:44 AM
Hi

I have one discus already that came from Rod and I currently have an order with him for 2 albino red spotted leopards. I'm not ready to take delivery just yet, so he's kindly holding them for me for a bit. He's a nice guy to deal with, so I would recommend him.

swampy1972
Wed May 12, 2010, 05:43 AM
Hi

I have one discus already that came from Rod and I currently have an order with him for 2 albino red spotted leopards. I'm not ready to take delivery just yet, so he's kindly holding them for me for a bit. He's a nice guy to deal with, so I would recommend him.

Nice one.

Can't wait to see pics when they arrive.. :)

BobbyBruce
Wed May 12, 2010, 06:20 AM
Hi Andrew,

Seems that most advise regarding discus on here is that you need 40 - 50 ltr per fish. You now have six juveniles in a 200 ltr so you will really be pushing the limits when they are grown.

I recently bought six fish from Rod and they are very nice. The following is direct link to his site,
http://forum.simplydiscus.com/forumdisplay.php?f=180
there are some very nice fish in his latest shipment and if I had the room there would be quite a few less.

Regards,

Bob

TW
Wed May 12, 2010, 10:46 PM
Bob, Swampy,

my 2 new ones are coming from his March shipment as well. He's holding them while another of my discus finishes QT. When I take delivery & they settle in, I will for sure put up a picture. I'm quite excited. I really wanted an Albino Red Diamond, but the ARSL is really so similar that I can tell the difference, so I'm very happy (but also very broke).

If I had more $$$ I would like some of his albino pearl diamonds too. I'm having an ongoing argument with myself as to whether to add one to my order. Staying strong so far, but not sure how much longer that will be the case.