PDA

View Full Version : growth food

tha_krust
Sun Feb 28, 2010, 07:57 AM
i use white crane discus growth as part of my juvie discus food ,(as well as Bloodworms) and various dry foods, and have noticed a good quick steady growth ..., has anyone else had any experience using white crane or any other foods\vitamins and (apart from adrews pro-growth) what dry foods would you recommend??

Hollowman
Sun Feb 28, 2010, 11:36 AM
Never heard of that one, is it just an additive? or a food,? what age juves are we talking about?

Robdog
Sun Feb 28, 2010, 01:34 PM
I reckon a search for "white crane" would come up with a few controversial threads on this forum. I would say use it with caution.

tha_krust
Wed Mar 03, 2010, 04:06 AM
[quote="Hollowman"]Never heard of that one, is it just an additive? or a food,? what age juves are we talking about?[/quote ] its a food, there seems to be many different kind sie: colour enhancers red,blue,gold, discus vital for breeding, discus magic and the list goes on but i have been using discus growth,

my juvies were where 2 inch when i actually bought them according to the breeder,(and impossible to know age ..there was 100 of them and of different strains so my guess is that they are all different age)... were actually more like 1 inch when i got them x-mas eve, and are now about 7.5 cm (sorry to go from imp to met)..

i dont feed them just White Crane i feed them a mixture of stuff as i read that feeding them only white crane can be damaging...its just common sense isnt it ..you dont eat McDonalds for every meal do you it just wouldnt be good for you..or the fish

peolple swear by ox\beef heart....my guys wont touch it

rex82
Wed Mar 03, 2010, 04:30 AM
my understanding is that white crane has hormones added to it, discus will eat beefheart.......it's just a matter of what patience the owner has

ILLUSN
Wed Mar 03, 2010, 04:44 AM
manufactured foods are grat and convinent, but as a staple nothing beats a good beefheart/shrimp mix. use white crane with cautions once or even twice a week should be ok but long term use has had problems. other good foods that seem to have less problems are NLS, breeders blend, colour bits (can turn fish orange) vipan/viparan sera discus granules (can turn fish orange if using the red version).

diamond1
Fri Jun 25, 2010, 09:25 AM
I have ever heard before

blackwater spa
Sat Jun 26, 2010, 11:51 AM
A few years back, I bought one tiny jar of each of the White Crane pellets (they have different formulas for enhancing different colors), because they had the HUGEST concentrations of color enhancers, and I was silly enough back then to think that if a little color enhancing brings out a little more color, a LOT of color enhancing should bring out a LOT MORE color...well, guess what? I soon found out that too much color enhancers (ie, hormones) can make the discus sick. The White Crane pellets had cost me a lot of money, so I thought I might feed them to the goldfish because I thought, well, goldfish can eat anything and everything, right? Sadly, one of my goldfish died after just a few feeds of the White Crane pellets. I'm sure the unfinished jars of White Crane pellets are still hanging around the back of my garage or shed somewhere. If I ever have a rat problem, I might just sprinkle White Crane pellets around the place and see if they'll kill the rats just as well.

Bristlenose23
Wed Jul 14, 2010, 07:36 AM
IMO this stuff is dirty SH%T, you will run your fish into the ground and they will eventually burn out.
Use white crane if you want but notify every potential buyer you try to sell your dying discus to, there are other alternatives