PDA

View Full Version : Kent marine discus essentials

andrewl
Sun Feb 28, 2010, 05:55 AM
Hi there,

I am just wondering if anybody has used the product from kent marine called discus essentials and did you find that it turned the water cloudy initially and then the water went a brown colour as you would get if you had drift wood or adding tannins to the water, there is no mention of this happening in the instructions on the bottle.

regards Andrew.

m.ingram
Sun Feb 28, 2010, 06:46 AM
Hi Andrew
I use Kents marine discus essentials and it doesnt change anything in my tank .My kents goes in blue and disperses and you cant see it .

andrewl
Mon Mar 01, 2010, 12:18 AM
Thanks for that what may have happened is that i had some remnants of a white spot medication in th tank and that could have reacted with the discus essentials, i have since used carbon filters to clear the medication and redosed the tank with the esssiantials and its perfect. would you have a comment on using live blood worms for discus because i am just getting back into keeping them and i have got conflicting reports that they cause parrasites and should not be used?

Regards,

Andrew.

ILLUSN
Mon Mar 01, 2010, 01:10 AM
Live food is always a bit of a gamble, if you can get guarented clean stuff from some one like Malcom at australian blackworms theres no risk
the stuff in the shops if it hasn't been stored perfectly can cause more problems then its worth, a good high quality dry food like breeders blend flake, tetra clor bits or NLS is fantastic and fish can thrive on it though if you want breed seriously nothing beets a good home made beefheart/shrimp mix.

spawn
Mon Mar 01, 2010, 11:21 AM
for my discus i usually give "tetra bits" and "tetra crisps", and feed them 2-3 times a day....