PDA

View Full Version : A erythrura spawn

steph
Fri Feb 26, 2010, 10:41 AM
Well the title says it all..

Got home and couldnt find the male A. erythrura in the tank, poked around and found him hiding behind the sponge filter, as soon as he moved the female appeared from under the pot to chase him a bit more.

Female a lovely shade of lemon yellow and lots (50+) of eggs all over the ceiling of the pot.

Fish were still in the holding tank so only thing in the tank is the half pot.

No water parameters yet, except its very soft, roughly 20ppm, pure rain water. I have now seperated the male into another tank, and hopefully the female will be raise these fry successfully.

Cheers

Steph

Hassles
Fri Feb 26, 2010, 10:56 AM
looks like the fish ain't the only little devil at your place :wink:

congratulations :D

briztoon
Sat Feb 27, 2010, 03:09 PM
Nice Steph. :wink:

Maybe I should have put some buckets outside today.

Oh how I wish I had a water tank in the backyard.

steph
Sun Feb 28, 2010, 10:22 PM
my rain water tanks aint nothing fancy, its just a 240l container, we got from a local hardware. THey source them from somewhere (originally the containers were used for importing olives so all food grade) and then put a bung tap in the bottom and a hole in the top. Simple gutter diverter thing from bunnings to fill it when it rains.

We originally got it to water the plants and have some water around for the kids to play with so they werent wasting drinking water. Now I use it for the fish, the only problem will be when the water runs out - but going on sydney summer so far thats not really a problem. :( Although filling 3 x 55 lt tanks on the weekend was a bit close and I realise I better start acclimitising my growing babies to pure tap water at some stage.

steph