PDA

View Full Version : apisto spawned.. Do i remove dither and male'?

bundopeace
Fri Feb 19, 2010, 09:49 PM
hi guys,

My A.eremnopyge spawned and female is holding fries. the male is too scared to get out in the open. but when i switch the lights off. the male ventures and i am worried he might pick on the fries.
I have some dither guppies that i have removed

1. When are the indications that I need to remove the male?

2. Will removing the boy have any effects on future spawnings, like having to re- bond again?

3. Are the female know to eat fries once they are free swimming>?

gingerbeer01
Fri Feb 19, 2010, 10:31 PM
Firstly - good fish to breed. An account (tank size, coniditions etc) and pictures would be great.

I tend to remove males - the female can give them a very hard time - if the tank is big enough he will be fine but....

Generally females are good parents and leaving the female with the fry will allow the babies to grow quicker. If the male is there she is more likely to get distracted from her fry.

The fish are a harem breeder and a bit of an oportunistic breeder. If conditions are right they will breed with anyone.....

Well done.

Steve

bundopeace
Sat Feb 20, 2010, 02:10 AM
Hi steve, i spoke to u at Jodis, I was the one wanting to catch a female strawberry...
Anyways, I was caring a bit too much and i am work now. Not too sure if she eaten the fry with me spooking her while i was catching the male in the tank this morning.

Tank specs; 1ft cube running eheim 2211, ada aquasoil, and ketapang leaves. pH 6.0,

I am praying the fries are still ard when i get home