PDA

View Full Version : New apisto purchases.

steph
Wed Feb 17, 2010, 10:48 AM
Just arrived from fishchicks today.

A. agassizi alenquer

A. panduro

A. sp. Rio Mamore now officially A. erythrura

Fish are settling in nicely into the new Apisto "High Rise" THe aggies and the panduro are looking exceptionally good. The panduro were displaying to each other in the bags, and the male aggassizi looks exceptional with a little bit of sunlight on him.

Here ya go.. some pics :D

steph
Wed Feb 17, 2010, 10:51 AM
More pics of the new arrivals

Cheers

Steph

Robdog
Wed Feb 17, 2010, 12:46 PM
Nice pick ups Steph. Would love to see more of the erythrura if you get a chance.

briztoon
Thu Feb 18, 2010, 04:18 AM
Nice photos steph.

I have also picked up a pair of A. agassizii alenquer and two pairs of A. erythrura. The female erythrura in my community tank has a double lateral spot on both sides of her flank. This was only noticable once she coloured up nice and yellow. The other female hasn't really turned yellow yet, she spends most of her time in threat confrontations with the female gephyra in the tank next to her.

steph
Thu Feb 18, 2010, 04:57 AM
I confess it was your discussion on the aggies on qpistograma.com that inspired me to get these guys. The colour on the male is pretty nice, considering those pics were taken straight after release from the bags, and they had been bagged overnight and most of the day. My last aggies the 'tefe' were much more yellow and unfortunately I never got a viable spawn from them, the female was always tiny !

I think the A. erythrura are a bit stressed as they are in a tank all by themselves. Soon they get moved to one of the breeding tanks and they will be able to see other fish through the glass and Ill put in a few dithers as well.

Cheers

Steph

briztoon
Thu Feb 18, 2010, 11:35 AM
Awww thanks steph. :D

Unfortunately I don't have many decent photos of most of my apistos from Jodie-Leas store. Ryan from QLDAF occasionally comes down and will take a couple of photo's. Ryan did take a good photo of my young male bitaeniata just chilling.
http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd105/pk3333/bitmale21.jpg
He has yet to colour up properly. None of the males I have, have learnt to display to a mirror as of yet. Everytime a mirror is placed near a tank, all the fish disappear. Here's a very ordinary photo I took of one of the A. erythrura pairs.
http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd105/pk3333/003.jpg