PDA

View Full Version : Too many BN can be enough

kalebjarrod
Sat Feb 19, 2005, 02:23 AM
I have some baby BN

there eating habits are sending me broke

i have two tanks full of the little eating machine's, 50% waterchanges every day, HOB filter's need cleaning Twice a day

check what happens to a WHOLE cos lettuce in one night

i have maybe 60-70 fish 3cm in that tank

the other has around 120 1.5-2cm fish

Ben
Sat Feb 19, 2005, 02:35 AM
Thats unreal! there like little aquatic catapillas!

have you tried feeding pumpkin?
i used to cut it up into small chunks and freeze
it overnight, then put it in the take frozen. it usely sinks after its been frozen, but it does not matter really. then take it out about 6 or 8 hours later.
pumpkin might be a bit cheaper aswell.

cheers,
Ben

with such sucess with the BN, you should get some of the other types, maybe the peppermints, albino or goldens, they all look great!

Merrilyn
Sat Feb 19, 2005, 05:22 AM
Gorgeous babies Ryan. Congratulations.

kalebjarrod
Sat Feb 19, 2005, 06:09 AM
done the pumpkin thing, they seem to like it a bit after i "nuke" it for 40 secs

i had to start a veggie garden so i could grow enough lettuce, i also use pumpkin, zucinni and algee wafers :wink:

Hopefully i will sell one batch this wednesday, it is my QT tank they are useing. If i make some money i can buy a couple more discus from G & S :wink:

M,

Thaks m" Lady *Ryan bows*

weird
Sat Feb 19, 2005, 12:35 PM
Congrats Ryan . Cute little buggers arnt they. In my baby discus tank, I have 8 racing cars also called BN that do frantic tank laps at 11 pm at night on schedule. We call them the too fast too furious ... I wish I could tape them.

jwight
Fri Mar 04, 2005, 07:05 AM
Couldn't you sell at least half back to your Aquarium store? I do that with all my tiger lotuses and Kribs.

kalebjarrod
Fri Mar 04, 2005, 08:57 PM
That is the whole idea,

My wife delivered 20 there yesterday, i will deliver another 20 there tomorrow

gonna swap the fish for a 3fter for Discus breeding. :wink: