PDA

View Full Version : Hi and Discus from Roy Khoo

mistakes r crucial
Fri Feb 18, 2005, 11:06 PM
We have only just joined this forum so hi to all!

Our shipment of Discus from Roy Khoo in Singapore came out of quarantine just over a week ago and we are real pleased with them. He is one helluva breeder. Some were a bit stressed in quarantine but after some TLC and heaps of water thrown at them they're looking well. The Solid Reds and Golden Melons are some of the best shaped fish I've come across.

My photo taking skills leave alot to be desired but you can take a look at them here http://community.webshots.com/album/276457621JGykBa It's great to have the Discus back!

Cheers MAC

DiscusD
Sat Feb 19, 2005, 04:53 AM
Hi and welcome to our home at Discus forums. Although I too am new at least I can welcome you... :D

Rgoganj
Sat Feb 19, 2005, 11:14 AM
Welcome aboard,

Nice fishies, are they personal imports or for sale ?

mistakes r crucial
Sat Feb 19, 2005, 11:36 AM
Thanks Rg,

They were brought in primarily as breeding stock for next year, we have 70 of them and won't be keeping all of them so a few will be up for sale but not until the end of the year.

There should be plenty of juves hanging around at reasonable prices next year with a bit of luck.
MAC

kalebjarrod
Sat Feb 19, 2005, 11:42 AM
nice fish mac,

clean setup, any other fish your breeding at the moment?

welcome :wink:

mistakes r crucial
Sat Feb 19, 2005, 12:42 PM
Hi Ryan,

Blackwater fish are where we're at. We have around 6 different strains of imported Angels breeding right now and Peppermint B/N. Shortly there should be Cory's Similis, Sterbai and Blue and Gold Rams if they get it together.

Thanks for the little comment regarding the systems, we're pretty proud of what we've created, it was a crap load of work, one big learning curve but a very satisfying one. There are a few photos of the two we built on this link http://community.webshots.com/user/mistakesarecrucial We run about 7,000 litres and can water change 3,000 litres in 14 minutes whilst consuming copius amounts of beer! It was worth the effort.
Cheers MAC

Merrilyn
Sun Feb 20, 2005, 04:55 AM
Welcome to the forum Mac. Nice looking setup and gorgeous fish. We would love to see more photos.

mistakes r crucial
Sun Feb 20, 2005, 06:16 AM
Thanks Ladyred. I will take more photos as I sure do need the practise. There are about half a dozen out of this shipment that are just outstanding so when I can get my act together in the photo taking department I'll post a few more.
MAC