PDA

View Full Version : Fish feeding fun!!!

steph
Thu Feb 11, 2010, 12:00 AM
I got up this morning to find the 5 year old had decided to "help" and had fed all the fish for me this morning - she did use fish food but it looked like it was snowing in the tank!! :? :? :roll: :roll: :roll: :shock: :shock:

Had to do water changes on all the tanks before breakfast and a long discussion about only feeding the fish when mummy is also there!

The fry tank still has more food in it, it was settling as I left so more water changes when I get home tonight.

Steph

jluna
Fri Feb 12, 2010, 04:52 AM
my boyf tipped from the container once, instead of into his hand first - thank god it was only a decorative guppy tank, but it looked like a snowdome and the little buggers ate until their scales lifted - they all looked like little pine-cones. big water change when i got home sorted it out, only one died.

kristina
Fri Feb 12, 2010, 07:18 AM
As my hubby likes to give the fish "a good feed" I over-emphasise that less is better than too much if he wants to feed the tanks. Didn't help. Now he tells me that he needs to "make up for me under-feeding them." I guess it's my job and my job only to feed the fish. Only way things get done properly around here.