PDA

View Full Version : MAC's Aquariums - Food, Filters & More

mistakes r crucial
Wed Feb 10, 2010, 09:17 PM
Haven't had time to drop in much lately so hi to all my old friends here! I hope your Discus are healthy and multiplying.

Thought I would introduce our 6 month old Ebay store for anyone that's interested. The foods are without doubt the cheapest in Australia and the rest aren't far behind! All Australian made, no ethoxyquin, no rubbish, all top quality.

Check out our ebay store here MAC's Aquariums (http://stores.shop.ebay.com.au/macsaquariums__W0QQ_armrsZ1), great pricing, great feedback, great service. Top quality products delivered right to your door!

Cheers
MAC

TW
Thu Feb 11, 2010, 08:34 AM
All the best with your new enterprise. I've saved the link

Merrilyn
Sat Feb 13, 2010, 08:53 AM
Hi Mac - good to see you're still in the 'fishy' business :P

Great website. I've saved the link too. :wave

lnumbers63
Sat Feb 13, 2010, 10:13 PM
Hi Mac,

Am interested in a 2 kg bag of discs but your website does not display a list of ingredients as with some other products (there is a 'quality analysis though).

How much spirulina is actually in the disc?

Thank you.

Cheers,

Ron.

mistakes r crucial
Sun Feb 14, 2010, 01:40 AM
Hi,

Thanks TW. Hope the fish are doing well.

Hi Mel, long time no speak. Yes, always will be in the fishy business, I can't leave it alone lol. The 18 year old son is gearing up to breed pythons, turtles and other reptiles so this place is starting to look like a zoo!

Hi Ron,

Approximately 8% spirulina, largest ingredient is fish meal as is with the vast majority of wafers. It's very good quality and the feedback on the wafers has been very good.
Cheers
MAC

mistakes r crucial
Sun Feb 14, 2010, 01:48 AM
I forgot to mention the Cichlid Sticks for all you Discus keepers and breeders. They were only released just before Christmas and the feedback from clients using them has been excellent. They're producing excellent colour and as always with Asta you get the great health benefits that go with it.

They're under the food category in our store.
Cheers
MAC

BigDaddyAdo
Sun Feb 14, 2010, 03:03 AM
How do the Cichlid Sticks compare to say NLS?

mistakes r crucial
Sun Feb 14, 2010, 03:16 AM
Hi,

I wasn't aware that NLS had a Cichlid Stick, aren't they all pellet foods? By all accounts NLS is a good food with a good reputation and to be honest that's all I know about them. I know that NLS believe there is nothing wrong with Ethoxyquin in fish foods which I strongly disagree with but each to their own.

Our manufacturers have been making fish foods for over 50 years and they also have an excellent reputation for producing quality products. We have not received any negative feedback in the 5 years we've been dealing with them and have sold literally tonnes of their foods.
Cheers
MAC

BigDaddyAdo
Sun Feb 14, 2010, 05:32 AM
I didn't mean the physical size and shape. I meant how does it compare nutrient wise.

The reason i ask is that NLS is quite small and tends to get lost in the tank. I was considering the Cichlid Sticks as they look as though i could hand feed them to them.

lnumbers63
Mon Feb 15, 2010, 01:09 PM
Hi Ron,

Approximately 8% spirulina, largest ingredient is fish meal as is with the vast majority of wafers. It's very good quality and the feedback on the wafers has been very good.
Cheers
MAC

mistakes r crucial
Mon Feb 15, 2010, 08:56 PM
Hi,

Nutrients
Crude Protein
32%
Minimum Crude Fat
7%
Crude Fibre
6%
Maximum Moisture
8%

Spirulina is third on the ingredient list although I don't know the percentage. Astaxanthin content is over twice that we use in Breeders Blend at 7grams per kg. Not sure why they've done that either but it most certainly can't do any harm.

The sticks are about 5mm long and 2mm wide and overall we're really impressed with them. Quite a few people have commented that their fish have taken to them straight away and as always with Asta laced foods good colour has been on the top of the list.
Cheers
MAC