PDA

View Full Version : What do eheim classic canister filters usually come with?

Barracuda
Sun Feb 07, 2010, 07:30 AM
In particular eheim 2217. I am wondering because i am told i have to buy the double taps and media seperately. Is this the case for all of them? What should they include, so I know what to look out for.
The fluval i use came with all the accessories, so im not sure about the eheim, whether its standard that they do or dont.
Thanks

ILLUSN
Sun Feb 07, 2010, 10:50 PM
2217 come with media (efhi mech substrate/ substrate pro) blue sponge white sponge carbon pad (throw this away) double taps, spray bar, intake basket, u pipe, 90 degree bend and about 3m of hose (1.5m 12/16 1.5m 16/22).

Barracuda
Mon Feb 08, 2010, 09:58 AM
thanks

JamezMan
Fri Mar 12, 2010, 04:17 AM
Mate, I am not sure if you have purchased your filter yet but I think it depends on where you buy it from because some shops will include the media in the price and others will conveniently leave it out. I think it's probably best to ask the place you are buying it from what comes with the filter. I say this because I have recently bought an eheim 2217 from an online supplier and although the website said it was 'complete and ready for use', there was no media included.

Anyways all the best with it and ood luck with your decision.