PDA

View Full Version : white spot on discus eyes

redmelon
Sat Feb 06, 2010, 03:11 AM
can you please help, my discus is developing a white spot on its eyes and its getting bigger and then the eyes swollen... please tell me how to treat this...

Hollowman
Sat Feb 06, 2010, 09:59 AM
This is probably due to poor water conditions. Up your water changes, make sure your mantenance is good, clean the substrate, remove uneaten food, wipe down the glass. Keep on top of water conditions and this will help for now.
What are your present water parameters, i need test results.

H

redmelon
Mon Feb 08, 2010, 09:52 AM
My water is not in a good condition,.. really bad,.. it was clear but since i have gravel did not notice that there is a lot of food un eaten. Before I only had 4 discus and 3 angel fish so i clean the tank every 2 months, i bought 10 discus last december but forgot to increase my clean up schedule... you are right with your assesment... thanks for help

Hollowman
Mon Feb 08, 2010, 01:31 PM
Your honesty os refreshing to hear.

You (in my opinion) need to get rid of the gravel and replace with an inch thick layer of sand, if you need a substrate.
You need to be doing at least 30% water change twice a week. What size is the tank, I think with 10 fish + others you are terribly overstocked.

Ask for more help if you need it :wink:

H