PDA

View Full Version : Partner anyone?

Sean
Thu Feb 17, 2005, 11:33 PM
I go to a local cichlid breeder who has converted his and her shed into a breeding facility with 200 odd tanks - OMG, my eyes almost fell out of my head when I saw their setup. But the purpose of my post is this: This cichlid breeder and his wife both love fish!!!!!!!!, how rare is that? When I go to their place regardless of who I see, I have a almost 'passionate' discussion with regard to feeding, breeding, tank set, strains of fish - you name it - this couple are amazing! I have had my fair share of partners :wink: , but none who love fish keeping - what am I doing wrong? I even have to promise the kids that I wont "just pop into an aquarium shop" before they get into a car with me :( . Nice to read that there are others like me in cyberspace!

leanne31
Fri Feb 18, 2005, 01:42 AM
well sean Im in the same boat my other half doesnt understand why I take so much care in my fish everytime I do a wc he says no not another one and my kids are the same if I even go in the direction of my lfs they all start wingeing and carrying on I have to go when they at school. Im glad my sisters (Kaza) is into fish as I have someone to talk to about them.But then my other half hates footy and i love it ( go the crows ) dont think you ll ever find your ideal partner.

kkiu
Fri Feb 18, 2005, 02:55 AM
It was actually my partner that got me into fish keeping. We share this forum account so thats why it seems like this account has split personalities sometimes.

it just depends on what your opinion of "ideal" is.

flukes
Fri Feb 18, 2005, 05:36 AM
ahh i think iam better off with a partner that doesnt like fish otherwise our bank accounts would be empty and our house full of tanks.

Also this hobby gives me my time away from the Mrs, dont want too be doing everything together...

DiscusMan
Fri Feb 18, 2005, 09:09 AM
My wife and i were both off on the tuesday just past.

We were sitting around the house doing nothing and to make a day of it we spent it driving around looking at fish shops.

Having a partner into fish is good as it aint to hard to convince her that you really need to new thing for your tank. My wife even asks me why i still havent bought the new UV unit for my 6 fotter inside :shock:

It is a good thing in my case

Wayne

weird
Fri Feb 18, 2005, 09:40 AM
I have a suggestion for the singles out their looking for a fish crazy partner .... stop hanging around nightclubs to pick up ... pickup at the LFS !

Merrilyn
Sat Feb 19, 2005, 03:24 AM
Well my dear hubby still says he has no interest in fish, but he just loves tinkering with filtration systems and uvs, and he has simplified water changes for me. So - perfect match :wink:

kalebjarrod
Sat Feb 19, 2005, 06:15 AM
If my wife was tinkering with my tanks i would get a little pived

i am a bit passonate about my tanks and am not sure i could share very well.

plus its my realise from a busy stressful workplace, if i came home and there was nothing to do i wouldn't know how to unwind :wink:

on the other hand if she did love them she may want to buy more fish, i guess i'll never know :wink:

Dave76
Sat Feb 19, 2005, 10:27 AM
3 years ago my partner wasn't interested in fish at all (that's when I started seriously getting into the hobby)

Now she is in the process of setting up a tank in her classroom (she is a teacher) & is breeding a few malawis as well.

In the process of designing a new house - with the dedicated fishroom - didn't bat an eyelid :)

Weird - maybe you should talk to the mods about setting up aquasingles.com :P

Regards

Dave

weird
Sat Feb 19, 2005, 12:01 PM
hehe, Dave ... that is not a bad idea ! Seeming ly I have so many singles friends in the 30s (happily married myself last 7 years have not had to look) ... but if I did have to look a passion or hobby like latin dance, cooking, foreign language seems like a great place to meet a friend of the opposite sex ... and as a male , gee I have seen some attractive females in LFS behind the counter and browsing tanks ... if I was single I would probably start looking there ... <opps sorry I am good at taking other peoples posts and going off in another direction ... sorry.>

kalebjarrod
Sat Feb 19, 2005, 09:10 PM
be careful what you say you may not be allowed to go to the LFS by yourself now dave :wink: you never know who is looking

Aurora
Sun Feb 20, 2005, 02:38 AM
Thats funny, I go to the fish shop every week nearly and I never see good looking girls......in fact I dont think Ive ever seen a girl in there around my age (22).

Maybe Im just going to the wrong ones :)