PDA

View Full Version : Eheim 2028 Filter Rattle & Low Flow

TW
Fri Jan 15, 2010, 02:20 AM
Hi all

Been having a few issues with this filter lately. ATM, the flow rate is minimal & the filter itself is rattling. If you know the sound an Eheim Pro II makes, if it hasn't primed properly when you turn it on - that's the sound.

I don't think the problem is priming though, as hoses are full of water and so is the cannister.

I have cleaned the filter out, including hoses, a couple of times to try to get the flow going properly. The cleaning initially fixed it, but less than a day later the flow was back to a trickle & the rattling was there again. Subsequent cleaning didn't help at all.

Just about ready to give up & buy a new filter - but these things are costly.

Does anyone have any tips that I might try?

Also, is there anywhere in Sydney I can take a filter for repairs? Now that Xtreme are no longer around, I don't know where to start.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ILLUSN
Fri Jan 15, 2010, 02:56 AM
The push to prime head is too far down have hubby grab it and pull it up as high as it will go you'll get full flow back and the rattle will stop.

best to stop using the prime fuction on that filter and just prime manually( ie suck on the hose at startup). if this is the same filter that leaks the oring that goes around the primeing head could be worn and might need replacement (leaks from this seal result in water pooling at the power cord).

if this is the case you'll have to post the filter off to aquatopia to have it fixed ($40 for the part, + postage +1hrs labour ($100) +gst)

if you want to replace it look at the 2228 pro, its a square filter with the same capacity and baskets just no self prime and a better top fitting. or one of the new pro3's

TW
Fri Jan 15, 2010, 03:04 AM
Will try lifting the prime head - thanks.

It is the one that was leaking at the power cord, but when I moved it from one tank to another using a different hose connector, it stopped leaking. Funnily, the other hose connect no longer leaked when attached to a different cannister.

I have been looking into the pro 3 2028 (still have a few questions about it on that other thread you were helping me on, if you get a chance to revisit that thread).

Thanks again, Jothy