PDA

View Full Version : Good discus aquariums in Adelaide???

axl
Mon Jan 11, 2010, 08:43 PM
Hi,
Im going on a holiday in Feb to Adelaide and all you crow & power fans i need to know where is the best place to buy disucs. Im looking forward to seeing what aquariums you have.

Cheers Axl

shell42
Thu Jan 14, 2010, 12:32 AM
Probably Seaview Aquariums on Anzac highway just out of the city - not cheap but good fish.

bartras
Fri Jan 15, 2010, 11:33 PM
Seaview are excellent but I’m usually underwhelmed by their Discus range. Pure Aquarium on Unley Rd has a good range of healthy fish. A shop called Aggies out north somewhere is pretty highly rated by a couple of people I know who go there regularly.

Barry N
Sat Jan 16, 2010, 01:57 AM
Hi Axl,

Most of the shops here just have bread and butter juvies - BD's, PB's, Turks etc. Seaview's fish they get in themselves and are normally OK. I saw Pure's stock this week and they looked pretty good - some nice White Swan's. Also noted their fish were a bit bigger than most. Fish Bowl and Pond normally have a few nice adults about too. Aquarium Fish Paradise had some 'tiny' juvies in but when the guy in the shop says he's only got them cause they were on special and obviously has no idea I'd probably give them (and him) a miss.

DiscusEden
Sat Jan 30, 2010, 04:51 AM
Hi Axl,

Sorry for the late reply, not on here so much these days.

The Fish Bowl & Ponds had some decent looking adults last week, Shepherds Hill Rd, Bellvue Heights. Matt who owns it said to introduce yourself if you drop in & he'll look after you.

Clear Water Aquariums, Main North Rd Enfield used to get in adults of the same quality and from the same importer, I think, that I used to have shipped in from interstate, but I haven't been there for ages. They were the best quality and priced adults in Adelaide for quite a while, but, as I said, I haven't been there.

Seaview Aquaruims, Anzac Highway, Plympton, tend to have juvies and in my opinion have been a bit pricey, but that's just my opinion, they're worth a look, and their display tanks are outstanding.

The Aquarium City Pet Shop, Beach Rd, Christies Beach, were breeding their own very reasonably priced juvies a while ago, but I haven't been in touch for a few months, so don't know what they're up to now.

Aggies, Research Rd, Pooraka, had some on & off as well, and always had a great selection of other fish too.

All of these things are just my opinion of course. Hope that helps, and hope you have a great trip!

DE