PDA

View Full Version : urgent help ammonia attack

moekiller
Sun Dec 27, 2009, 12:46 AM
hi guys i had a bacteria bloom in my both tanks i dont know what happend and the ammonia starts going up crazy they are 200 liters tanks i syphon 50 liter from the tanks made them 150 liters and changed the half of the water twice for every tank and i intend to change 70% water everyday until the cycle of the other tanks is done is that will solve the problem

i had 2 other tanks that i started cycling them fishless using ammonia but they are runing from 5 days they still need at least 2 weeks.

Old Dave
Sun Dec 27, 2009, 08:02 AM
Newer tank? No dead fish?

No feeding!
Lots of aeration.
Lights off?

You are right to start with the wc's as long as the new water is somewhat aged (at least overnight, more if possibe) & chlorine etc neutralised.
Watch the temp variations.

More help available when we know how long the tank been running/cycled?
Water parameters etc.

hth,
Dave

moekiller
Sun Dec 27, 2009, 02:40 PM
no both of the tanks no dead fish 10nx god thats the strange cause the fish was active and feeding like pigs

but one of the comunity tanks that attacked by amonia is splited in to 2 parts cause i had a pair that have fry they are 3 days old now the question is can i sifone the fry and move them to another tank and move the parents with them is that ok and if its ok whats the best steps to do it
i have a quetion about the fry they some times go attached to the parents just for seconds and then they go swim around the tank they are not always attached is that normal

the other 2 tanks that am cycling them fishless using ammonia and adding live bacteria i hope this fast the cyclation now its the 3rd day i think they still need at least 2 weeks i hope so

thanks for youe help

Hollowman
Sun Dec 27, 2009, 03:07 PM
There is no more serious problem than the ammonia that is showing it your tank. Remember I told you that it is well over stocked ?? Larger daily water changes with ages treated water will get rid of it in the short term, but with stocking lvels like you have, unless you have a large filter system or sump, you will always struggle and loose fish due to ammonia and nitrite poisoning.

Forget the fry, sort the ammonia.

As for cycling tanks, I used ammonia on my sump and it took 5 weeks. There are no real short cuts.

Sorry for the bad news, thats the facts as I see it. :(

moekiller
Sun Dec 27, 2009, 08:14 PM
10nx hollow
U know when u saw the image tank and u told me that the water is clowdy i tested the water and it was full of ammonia 10nx for ur notice