PDA

View Full Version : ive got wiglers any advice pls

moekiller
Thu Dec 24, 2009, 08:44 PM
i have thoes pair laied eggs in the comunity tank i was shocked cause thoes pair still small i put a spliter between them and the other fish i think the pair are pigeon blood and red mealon what the fries will look like they still attached to the glass of the tank when they will be free swimers any advices thanks a lot

Hollowman
Thu Dec 24, 2009, 10:34 PM
I would not like to guess at the outcome of that pair. In my opinion and experience you will not have any success in raisng fry from this pair in a community tank that is as over stocked as yours.
I can count 22 fish in the tank, so it is not suprising that the fish are small. Also, to me, from the photos, the water looks quite cloudy, can you tell us how you look after your water? Water change regime? water parameters ie: Ph, Ammonia, NitrIte, NitrAte, tds (conductivity) and what and how much you feed the fish ? do you remove uneaten food ?

Do you have other tanks to hold the pair ? this is the only chance you have to raise fry.

H

moekiller
Thu Dec 24, 2009, 11:00 PM
yes its overstocked in this moment cause am cycling another 3 tanks to split the strains every group in its tank i have like 6 starins and i have 6 tanks and i have also 4 breeding tank i intned to leave the fry for a week and if they survived ill put them in other tank with there parents

the water i use i have a reverse osmosis filter
water parameters

the tanks water quality is : soft - ph 6,8 - nitrate 0 - nitrite 0

i change water everyday 40 liters for this tank
i have another tank i have in it 15 discus i change 20 liters

as i told u i still need a week till the other tanks will be cycled and split them every strain in its tank

any advices for me thanks for ur reply

Hollowman
Thu Dec 24, 2009, 11:51 PM
I do not understand your water parameters, you should be showing nitrAtes. What about Ammonia?? How are you cycling your tanks? Are you using pure RO water?? How are you reconstituting it ? I think I would be doing larger water changes. What about food ?

moekiller
Fri Dec 25, 2009, 12:33 AM
the water parameter i cant read nombers cause am using tetra water test stripe i can read the colors

Amonia 0
Nirtate very very less 0. somthing
Nitrite 0
water hardness GH soft 150 simens
PH 6.0 to 6.3
am using pure RO water but i add to it trace elements
am aging the water for 24 hours and then add it
cycling the tanks i used cycled media from the older cycled tank i have
food am feedin them: tetra bits-blood worms-beefheart-frozen brineshrimp.

the water is cloudy i think i have a bacteria bloom am not sure but the reading for the water from 2 weeks is always ok
any advices pls?

Hollowman
Fri Dec 25, 2009, 09:39 AM
I feed quite heavily in my tanks, and have crystal clear water. I change 60% twice a week. I feed beefheart, mussels, and a lot of other food. I always remove uneaten food no more than half an hour after each feed so there is nothing left to foul the water.
Lager water changes or less food may help, keeping on top of cleaning will also help. maybe your filter media is clogged, and not able to process the bio-load. You could rinse out your sponges in tank water (give them a good squeeze out) same in your hob too.
Your water should be clear at all times, even before a change.

hth

Happy Christmas

H

moekiller
Fri Dec 25, 2009, 01:48 PM
thanks Hollowman for bieng supportive