PDA

View Full Version : Why have my blue turks turned brown

disdiscus
Thu Dec 10, 2009, 05:59 AM
My Blue turks have all turned brown,We have had the fish vet out(very expensive) and after 3 lots of medications Dimetridazole(DMZ)-Piperazine they have not changed and the vet thought this was from intestinal worms,and now after the loss of 2 of my discus I need help.All of the melons and reds have not changed colour only the blues.They have been brown for almost 6 months now.

ILLUSN
Thu Dec 10, 2009, 06:28 AM
PHOTO? SEEMS VERY STRANGE

bobgar
Thu Dec 10, 2009, 11:18 PM
Hi there,

My Discus also went brown as he/she was not eating. I was really worried, but I went over to Sydney Discus World and Nick gave me an effective worming solution (for free) which I added to the water.

The Discus gradually turned back to their natural colour within just a few days and started eating again.

Where do you live? Their shop is at Homebush West in Sydney.

disdiscus
Fri Dec 11, 2009, 05:24 AM
hi
The discus are eating and we have had a fish vet out and he treated them for flat worms after doing a scraping and looking under a micro scope,then a couple of weeks after that treatment nothing had changed so then we had to do a 10 day course with 24 hour water changes for intestinal worms which killed two of the discus.So not to happy and no where closer to the problem.We live in Perth.

Hollowman
Fri Dec 11, 2009, 05:03 PM
How is your water ????

brad_v
Sun Dec 13, 2009, 01:07 AM
Perth water - hard and alkaline out of the tap.