PDA

View Full Version : Discus need someone help

Bump
Wed Dec 02, 2009, 03:20 PM
http://i1008.photobucket.com/albums/af201/NBbump/P1150229.jpg

Can any one tell me whats wrong with my fish now and what med to use and for how long.

Amon. 0
N& Nit. 0
Ph 6.0
Temp 83

ILLUSN
Wed Dec 02, 2009, 10:41 PM
start treating with metro I'm assuming your fish wont eat dose is 25mg/L every 48hrs with a water change before each dose, I'd treat for 5 treatments.

lpiasente
Thu Dec 03, 2009, 08:03 AM
wow that's one sick looking fish. Just for future reference Jothy what do you think it is?

BigDaddyAdo
Thu Dec 03, 2009, 08:21 PM
"Discus Plague" ;)

ILLUSN
Thu Dec 03, 2009, 10:23 PM
also going with plague, or a long term internal paracite/bacterial problem (sunken face and belly)

slime shedding indicates irritation ususally associated with plague, black color is an indication of stress.

lpiasente
Fri Dec 04, 2009, 10:03 AM
I know that I am not a long termer here but I would like to mention this if I can. Mark my brother had what looks to be the same as this a few months ago and it went right through his whole stock. Unfortunatly it came in from a new fish that had been qt but cross contamination occurred through a net before he knew there was a problem. Metro didn't touch it. Mark went through a very hard time with it and honestly I have never seen fish look that bad before and survive and he only lost 1 fish. I can't remember what he used but I hope he will pop in and share what he learned from someone else that pulled his fish through. Mark if you read this maybe you could post your pics too it may help someone out.

BigDaddyAdo
Sat Dec 05, 2009, 01:36 AM
Mark my brother had what looks to be the same as this a few months ago

I hope Mark is OK now....... :roll:

lpiasente
Sat Dec 05, 2009, 08:51 PM
hahaha