PDA

View Full Version : Question?(im new in the world of fish)

ryanrx
Wed Nov 18, 2009, 02:41 AM
i have purchase a 100gallons aquarium and have a motor pump(i should say a filter) and the pump is blow like hell the current is so strong for my arowana so i purchase a rain bar/spray bar but i notice that it disable my air coming from the motor pump then convert it to the bar hmm

and my question is rain bar/spray bar is safe to use?? even dough i disable the air current for the motor and convert it to the rain/spray bar? i only have one air pump but planning to purchase a bigger or 2more but for the mean time i have one

so can anyone help me? im having doubt about the rain/spray bar that it can't oxygenates tank?

sorry if im a bit noob im just a new guy :D

LMAN
Wed Nov 18, 2009, 05:00 AM
Have you got a air pump?

ILLUSN
Wed Nov 18, 2009, 05:00 AM
if you mount your spray bar so it breaks the surface of the water you'll be fine.

oxygen enters the water through surface movement.

ryanrx
Wed Nov 18, 2009, 05:07 AM
i haven't yet bought the 2 extra filter/pump but im planning to put 1 filter/pump and a particle skimmer on it do you think that will do well?

ryanrx
Wed Nov 18, 2009, 05:09 AM
if you mount your spray bar so it breaks the surface of the water you'll be fine.

oxygen enters the water through surface movement.

that good cheers a bit scare on my tank since im new hehehe btw do you think this will do well on my tank il add up 1more pump/filter pump and a particle skimmer?

ILLUSN
Wed Nov 18, 2009, 05:42 AM
Depends on the filter for a 100gal tank you want something with 300gal/hr (1200L/h) flow, your only real choices are the eheim 2080 (pro 3), fluval FX5 or aquaone aquis 2400.

one of these would be ok for a single arowana. ifyou weere willing to use 2 filters then 2 big eheims (2217's 2028's, 2228's) or fluval 405's or aquaone 1200's would do the job.

you only need 1 good airpump, oxygen enters through surface movements (breaks in the surface tension) one good pump with around 400l/h of air would do the job.

a skimmer will be of limited use, as you should try and feed your arrow floating pellets or sticks theres a good chance that the skimmer will just suck these into the filter before the arrow eats them (though my saratoga smashes them before they hit the water)

ryanrx
Wed Nov 18, 2009, 06:31 AM
Depends on the filter for a 100gal tank you want something with 300gal/hr (1200L/h) flow, your only real choices are the eheim 2080 (pro 3), fluval FX5 or aquaone aquis 2400.

one of these would be ok for a single arowana. ifyou weere willing to use 2 filters then 2 big eheims (2217's 2028's, 2228's) or fluval 405's or aquaone 1200's would do the job.

you only need 1 good airpump, oxygen enters through surface movements (breaks in the surface tension) one good pump with around 400l/h of air would do the job.

a skimmer will be of limited use, as you should try and feed your arrow floating pellets or sticks theres a good chance that the skimmer will just suck these into the filter before the arrow eats them (though my saratoga smashes them before they hit the water)

i see so i just slash out the skimmer?? i just add 1more pump??

ryanrx
Wed Nov 18, 2009, 06:34 AM

i see, so i just slash out the skimmer?? and i just add 1more pump?? or 1more pump a and airstone?? do you think? btw my arowana is a red arowana about 10incs long

ryanrx
Wed Nov 18, 2009, 07:23 AM
and i forgot like what i said i have a arowana and buying a discus can the both fish live in one aquarium??? or i should separate it with the arowana?? buying another 75 gallon for the discus

LMAN
Wed Nov 18, 2009, 09:22 AM
Arowana with a discus is a be no no. The dicus wouldn't stand a chance!

ryanrx
Wed Nov 18, 2009, 12:21 PM
i see so i need to separate it xD anyways about the setting ofthe tank to you think that my setting will do?? for both tank?? my arowana and discus tank??

Hollowman
Fri Nov 20, 2009, 06:24 AM
i see so i need to separate it xD anyways about the setting ofthe tank to you think that my setting will do?? for both tank?? my arowana and discus tank??
Do some reseach first, there is lots to read here, use the search facility at the top of the page.

OwNz2009
Fri Nov 20, 2009, 08:04 AM
im sure you are the same person that posted on another site and the same anser was told that these fish shouldnt be together in the first place ?
the discus will end up getting really hurt or eaten if not removed soon !!!!

ryanrx
Fri Nov 20, 2009, 03:33 PM
im sure you are the same person that posted on another site and the same anser was told that these fish shouldnt be together in the first place ?
the discus will end up getting really hurt or eaten if not removed soon !!!!

FYI i only uses 1 name if that name is not the same with mine now then im not that guy

anyways help with my topic?

Hollowman
Fri Nov 20, 2009, 05:13 PM
I did :wink: