PDA

View Full Version : Birthdays Presents!

steph
Mon Nov 09, 2009, 12:35 AM
hehee Im getting a new tank for my birthday!! :D :D :D

Ok its a display tank and its to replace the other one so we have more room in the kitchen/meals area. It'll be a 3.5ft by 2ft so in theory more floor space for pairs. Am contemplating what to move out and what to try and get.

Would like some Dicrossus if I can find some, and Im thinking a school of killi's like gold panchax for the top.

Steph

PS: doesnt arrive til early dec..

Robdog
Mon Nov 09, 2009, 02:27 AM
Nice one Steph. Dicrossus are really cool little fish. Barry at B&C has had really good ones in the past, filamentosus and maculatus. Not sure if B&C is still around though. :?

TW
Mon Nov 09, 2009, 07:24 AM
Yep, I'm pretty sure they are

Good one Steph. Happy Birthday !

TW
Mon Nov 09, 2009, 07:25 AM
Yep, I'm pretty sure they are

Good one Steph. Happy Birthday !

Robdog
Mon Nov 09, 2009, 07:57 AM
I swear I went past there the other day and it was an empty shop :?

...oh yeah I forgot, Happy Birthday Steph!

Noddy65
Mon Nov 09, 2009, 10:28 AM
Theyve moved to a newer and bigger shop apparently...noit sure where though

para
Mon Nov 09, 2009, 10:57 PM
Across the road

TW
Tue Nov 10, 2009, 09:30 AM
I swear I went past there the other day and it was an empty shop :?

...oh yeah I forgot, Happy Birthday Steph!

I heard they moved, but only like across the road. I haven't been to the new shop, but remember reading somewhere that they carried a lot of the stuff across the road for the move. I've been meaning to find out for sure where they are & visit, as I'd like a few new apistos.

Robdog, are you back in Sydney now or just visiting. I thought you were in QLD

Robdog
Tue Nov 10, 2009, 12:04 PM
Bugger it!
I drove right past there and didn't see it. Poop

Nah TW, back up here in God's Country. Came down for a bit of a holiday. Combined a bit of business which involved a few different aquariums but it wasn't overly productive.

TW
Wed Nov 11, 2009, 02:25 AM
Link to B & C http://www.bcaquarium.com.au/

steph
Tue Nov 24, 2009, 11:34 AM
Yay my tank has arrived!! :P :blob :lol: :blob :lol: :blob :lol: :blob :lol:

We got a Jebo3100 second hand, its a perfect fit for the space and fairly wide so lots of floor space for territories. :P

Now I have the fun and games of setting it up (no instructions!) and cycling it and moving/catching fish.

Taking the opportunity to get rid of some of the bigger rainbows and tetras and the SAE's that somehow got into my tank and get some more apisto "friendly" ones. Thinking of getting a large group of killi fish - panchax or similar for the top layer.

I am hoping to find some baenschi juveniles when I strip the 4ft tank -eeping my fingers crossed. Last time I tore down a tank that had apistos breeding in it I found several young A. gibbiceps and had to ring Thomas and say come get them quick!!

Steph