PDA

View Full Version : Cardinal Tetras

vitara1
Thu Nov 05, 2009, 02:25 AM
Can somebody please point me in the right direction as to the best shop/breeder from which to buy about 20 to 30 cardinal tetras?

I have been googling like mad and going through the classifiieds on the page but haven't really found much. Any help is much appreciated.

DiscusEden
Thu Nov 26, 2009, 11:26 AM
Sorry for the late reply. Any aquarium shop should be able to order these in for you if they don't already have them, or most of the live delivery stores should stock cardinals, they are fairly common.

Hope you have them already and haven't given up!

vitara1
Fri Dec 04, 2009, 11:33 PM
Thanks for the reply. I was hoping to be put in the direction of a breeder or somewhere where you can buy them in numbers for a discount. Most places sell them for $6.50 each. I want about 50 so it adds up. Anyway I found some at shop in Warrawong and they were 6 for $25 which was pretty good. Geez they look good when they shoal :D

DiscusEden
Sat Dec 05, 2009, 03:53 AM
That's great to hear, I'm glad you persisted, and you got a real bargain there! Well done! :shock:

Trongpai
Mon Dec 07, 2009, 02:20 PM
It's funny, I had always kept cardinals in one of my Discus tanks recently the last Discus died after a good run and I left the cardinals in the tank alone and now they are thriving. When sharing with a few Discus they hid at the bottom, moved only about in a single area where I fed them and seem to be prone to getting some sort of white to clear looking fungus. Now, no fungus, they move back and forth the length of the tank and are very healthy, growing and very active.

Not only the Cardinals but also a few panda cats and some shrimp are all now moving all around the tank and there's no hiding.

So, I wonder is it really a good idea to keep Cardinals with Discus?

BigDaddyAdo
Mon Dec 07, 2009, 08:58 PM
My tetras, shrimp, etc move freely and happily around the tank and are not afraid of the Discus' at all.

TW
Mon Dec 07, 2009, 09:28 PM
My cardinals also move freely around the discus tank. Mind you, I did grow them up into adults in a separate tank, before they moved in with the discus.

But I have heard of others who's discus just eat up all the cardinals - but not mine.