PDA

View Full Version : Another Leaky Filter (hose clamp)

TW
Sun Nov 01, 2009, 11:53 AM
Hi All

Hope someone can help.

Today I installed my new max mix C02 reactor onto my eheim pro II 2028. Put everything back together & it leaked. At first I though problem was with the reactor hose joins, so I re-did everything.

Still leaks.

Looking more closely, it is leaking from where the hose joins onto the quick connector thingy. In case the hose was stretched from being refitted, I replaced that section with new hose. Tried putting a hose clamp to tighten the seal, but still it leaks.

It's 10.50pm and I've been trying to fix this leak since 6.30pm - I give up (for tonight, anyway). Filter is sitting in a big plastic container to catch the leaks.

Do I need a new hose connector? It seems strange that it's leaking from where the hose slips over it.

Thanks in advance.

ILLUSN
Mon Nov 02, 2009, 06:36 AM
2028 hose connecters should be replaced every few years they just wear out and sometimes they snap off replace them every 2 years for peace of mind.

TW
Mon Nov 02, 2009, 09:24 AM
Thanks Jothy

Finally hubby got the leak to stop this morning, but I still think you are right about the hose connector. It previously never needed a hose clamp (only the one it came with). Hubby had to undo & redo the hose clip several times & did up so much more tightly that I can. I can't even undo it, now. (we both have several cuts from slipping with the screwdriver, trying to get the hose clamps tight enough to stop the dripsP).

Filter is still sitting in a container, but there hasn't been another drip since he fixed it.

I'll buy another connector, so I'm ready if it does it again.

Makes me wish all my tanks were run on sumps !