PDA

View Full Version : Display tank/indoor breeding setup

swampy1972
Fri Oct 30, 2009, 02:21 PM
It looks like I'm going to be forced to part with my current setup due to increasing work commitments. I need to downsize to make it easier for my wife to maintain in my absence - she doesn't have the same passion for aquariums as I.

It was only constructed in March this year (all new components). It has 2x 4ft tanks on a common sump, although the plumbing setup allows either tank to be isolated if needed.

The cabinet is walnut veneer with abundant storage space.

Hopefully someone will benefit from my change of circumstance... :cry:

I've attached a couple of images but I'm happy to email detailed photos of the sump setup/storage etc to interested parties.

Any interest???

AquaticMaster
Fri Oct 30, 2009, 11:37 PM
If u were in Melbourne i would of took it already .... Unless u willing to travel for extras lol...

swampy1972
Sat Oct 31, 2009, 01:53 AM
That's a shame. The unit stands just under 2m tall (designed to just clear an average door frame) so it's not a quick job to move it.

But hey, if you want to discuss it I'm game if you are...lol

discus4me
Thu Nov 05, 2009, 06:58 AM
how much for the setup

where are you located

AquaticMaster
Thu Nov 05, 2009, 07:38 AM
sent u a PM mate!

swampy1972
Thu Nov 05, 2009, 12:11 PM
Hi guys,

Great to see some interest. I've added as many good quality photos as possible to let you see what's on offer. It's one of only two custom setups like it. Mine's the second one and has many modifications learnt from the first - mainly in plumbing and sump setup. I'm a qualified cabinet maker and have spared no expense on the unit as it doubles as a centre piece in my house. The finish is walnut veneer panelling on a whte melamine cabinet. All joins have been siliconed during construction to prevent water ingress.

My current employment sees me move alot, so all doors, draws and side panels are deliberately removable to allow wrapping for transport. The main cabinet can then lay on it's back or side without damage. The tanks just take a moment to get out once empty.

It includes the pump and lights. No media or heater. Feel free to ask any questions or request additional photos.

I'm after $1400ono as you see it in these photos. Pretty reasonable when syou see a standard pine cabinet for a standard 6ft tank is over $500 stained.

swampy1972
Thu Nov 05, 2009, 12:16 PM
More photos

swampy1972
Thu Nov 05, 2009, 12:34 PM
PM's returned to Discu4me and Method22man.

Thanks guys