PDA

View Full Version : New to Cichilds

Rocket
Thu Oct 22, 2009, 12:34 PM
Hi Guys

I have been keep discus for a year or so now tried to breed for a little while but due to work did not have enough time to give them my full attention. I have decided to use my spare 3 footer for cichlids.

I have started of with a few easy ones (I hope) electric yellows. I have 6 in the tank and have had them for about 3 weeks now so I thought i would post a few pics of them.

Also I added a couple of Albino bristlenoses to the tank that I picked up for $ 5.00 each.

I was also wondering what other fish might go well with them and also what is a good number of yellows for a standard 3 footer.

Thanks all

OwNz2009
Sat Nov 07, 2009, 12:13 AM
hey mate id stick with malawi cichlids and remove the bristlenose as the cichlids will make a meal of them when they are adults

Dangerous Dave
Sun Nov 08, 2009, 09:16 AM
Six electric yellows will be plenty for that tank once they are grown, especially with the bristlenose as well. In my experience bristlenose are fine with electric yellows as they are pretty peaceful.
I wouldnt add any more fish though.

TW
Sun Nov 08, 2009, 10:04 AM
My son also had BN in his African cichlid tank. It was bigger than yours though.

Rocket
Thu Nov 19, 2009, 09:14 AM
Thanks Huys for the feed back. The BN are doing fine and seem to mixing fine. the spot where the tank is is actual just over 3.5 foot long so I'm thinking of having a special tank built to fit in the area. Just need to decide on the height of the tank now lol