PDA

View Full Version : Rain water / tap water mix

BigDaddyAdo
Tue Oct 20, 2009, 08:50 AM
I use about an 80:20 mix of rain and tap water. I have always assumed that there was nothing wrong with the rainwater as i have Apistos breeding and fry are thriving in it. My tank is a steady 6.5-6.6 and is very soft.

Do you think that this is a fair assumption?

BigDaddyAdo
Tue Oct 20, 2009, 08:51 AM
I should mention that the reason im asking is i need to look at all the possible reasons that my new discus are hiding and not nearly as active as they should be.

Robdog
Tue Oct 20, 2009, 09:05 AM
How big is the tank Ado? Is there any room to chuck in some schooling tetra's to try and lure the discus out into the open?

BigDaddyAdo
Tue Oct 20, 2009, 10:30 AM
That was my next move

I was hoping to avoid it as my Apistos have fry atm

BigDaddyAdo
Tue Oct 20, 2009, 10:34 AM
Tank is about 160L. Only inhabitants are pair of discus, pair of apistos, couple of oto and a bunch of shrimp.

ILLUSN
Tue Oct 20, 2009, 12:08 PM
i use to use a similar mix mine was 90/10 never a problem, have the discus always been shy since they entered the tank? might still be finding their feet

Robdog
Tue Oct 20, 2009, 01:44 PM
Me thinks it's time for the apistos to get a honeymoon suite all to themselves ;)

BigDaddyAdo
Tue Oct 20, 2009, 07:35 PM
Me thinks it's time for the apistos to get a honeymoon suite all to themselves ;)

I would but i dont have the time for another tank at the moment. Ill give it another week or so and if they dont get any braver i will get a few tetras.

They were out happily swimming around this morning. :shock: Until i tried to feed them. i managed to not freak them out though. :D