PDA

View Full Version : Another batch of fry

BigDaddyAdo
Wed Oct 14, 2009, 07:53 AM
My female Trifasciata is showing off her second batch of fry. This time there is around 30 fry at a guess. I will try and get some pics tonight.

I hope this lot is more successful than the last one. ;)

Barracuda
Wed Oct 14, 2009, 09:33 AM
I hope so too! ;)

Hassles
Wed Oct 14, 2009, 12:46 PM
My female Trifasciata is showing off her second batch of fry. This time there is around 30 fry at a guess. I will try and get some pics tonight.

I hope this lot is more successful than the last one. ;)

I hope you've relocated the gobbies!!! The risk is too great.

TW
Wed Oct 14, 2009, 02:33 PM
Good Luck with them

BigDaddyAdo
Wed Oct 14, 2009, 07:34 PM
I have relocated the Desert Gobies and i am in the process of relocating the Bumblebee Gobies.

It looks like a huge batch. Actually looks like more than 30.

jluna
Wed Oct 14, 2009, 08:16 PM
yeah, get those bumblebees out!! they have an amazingly quick strike from a standing start - i used to be amazed by them when i fed live mosquito larvae. they'll quickly and easily make a meal of apisto fry. also a bugger to try and catch!!

BigDaddyAdo
Wed Oct 14, 2009, 08:56 PM
The Gobies cant get anywhere near the fry. The Trifas are great parents until the male gets horny again. Thats when they will begin feasting on fry......

Hassles
Thu Oct 15, 2009, 10:23 AM
If Apistogramma have 2 sucessive spawns, the fry from the first spawn will be deemed a threat to the 2nd spawn and the parents will probably eat them if they feel inclined. In such circumstances its best to remove the first batch - along with the aqwuarium water - and rehouse them.

BigDaddyAdo
Thu Oct 15, 2009, 10:36 AM
I have only spotted a one fry from the first spawn and i have only seen him once.

Hassles
Thu Oct 15, 2009, 04:51 PM
I have only spotted a one fry from the first spawn and i have only seen him once.

well, if its sibblings have been eaten this is understandable. Under similar circumstances I'd be a little timid myself :wink:
If he has placed to hide he should survive - fingers crossed

BigDaddyAdo
Wed Oct 21, 2009, 11:42 AM
I did a good vac tonight when i did my water change and who should pop out but the little guy from the first batch. He has grown so much.

The current batch is doing well too. My new pair of discus got a little too close to them the other day and the female opened up a can of whoopass..... She has relaxed around them since then.

catfishbone
Thu Oct 22, 2009, 05:41 AM
hey BigDaddyAdo ... congrates on the only survivor of the first batch ... hope you won't lose any of them from your 2nd one ...

i would get a couple of you if you thinking of selling it ..

BigDaddyAdo
Thu Oct 22, 2009, 07:51 AM
I will definately sell a few once they are big enough

BigDaddyAdo
Tue Nov 03, 2009, 06:35 AM
The female has left the remaining fry to their own devices. I have only spotted one or two here and there so no idea how many are left.

There looks to be 2 that made it from the first batch though. One is definately a female. Not sure about the other. Haven't been able to get a real good look yet.