PDA

View Full Version : Help in identifying my discus

chambo
Tue Oct 13, 2009, 08:32 AM
Hi all,

Was seeking feedback on the strains of fish pictured below.
Thankyou Kindly

chambo
Tue Oct 13, 2009, 08:35 AM
Lot 2

mcloughlin2
Tue Oct 13, 2009, 09:02 AM
First discus is a snow white, second appears to be a brown discus.

Mattzilla
Tue Oct 13, 2009, 11:11 AM
as above

chambo
Wed Oct 14, 2009, 10:04 PM
How about these?

chambo
Wed Oct 14, 2009, 10:13 PM
And this fellow?

mcloughlin2
Thu Oct 15, 2009, 02:19 AM
Cobolt blue, red turquoise and a blue turquoise. These were slightly more difficult so perhaps someone can back me up or correct me?

chambo
Thu Oct 15, 2009, 02:28 AM
thanks mcloughlin2,

Are any of the fish extended names;

eg: leopard, snake skin etc etc.

Sorry for all the questions, I can not remember what the fish where sold to me as, but from what I have read fish are commonly sold as the wrong strain / line etc.

The First fish described above as a snow white, I use to have a Pure White fish which I bought at the LFS under the tag "SNOW WHITE"
The name given to me by the seller of the first fish was a "Tangarine"

AquaticMaster
Thu Oct 15, 2009, 04:49 AM
nice blue turq u got there very good colours

ILLUSN
Thu Oct 15, 2009, 05:29 AM
BRILLIANT BLUE TURK/ ?COBALT I'd expect a little more siration on the head of a cobalt and a more solid blue body color

RED TURK/LEOPARD (depends who you ask, as leopards are just red turks with spots really)
does have somewhat finer scales so there could be some snaleskinn in it , under stress how many bars does it show? if it shows more then 9 bars its a snake so you could call it a leopard snake if you wanted to be 100% correct 9assuming it shows more then 9 bars under stress).

BLUE TURK, might be a red turk, but given the amount of color enhancing (orange tails) I'm guessing blue turk.

maybe cut back a little on the colorbits and try some breeders blend food, always seemed to make my discus a little less orange. beutiful fish, you should be happy with them

chambo
Thu Oct 15, 2009, 06:28 AM
The blue turq is a very large fish to boot!