PDA

View Full Version : Last of the breeding pairs

carolerex
Sat Oct 10, 2009, 09:29 AM
The last of the breeding pairs phew! this is turning into a marathon.
Male Golden Sunrise (not fully grown yet) Female Allenquer. The price is only 180 dollars as the female has an imperfect dorsal fin. OK I hear you say,why did you breed from her? but I have to say this male made up his own mind and could'nt be dissauded. Since I had no other female and I wanted him to practice fertilising eggs and raising young I let him have his way with her. And practice he did. They have a huge brood on board at present and are very fertile. In this pairs defence I dont think I have ever seen a better or more fierce set of parents as these. Perhaps they would suit someone just starting out breeding if they are prepared to cull heavily if required.
OK now for the young adults.

carolerex
Sat Oct 10, 2009, 09:41 AM
This young fish was sold to me as a Magic Red but I am not sure it is. It looks vey much like my male Chequerboard of the mated pair.

carolerex
Sat Oct 10, 2009, 09:50 AM
I am almost sure it is a male as it tried very hard to mate up with one of my known females but got chased off by a much larger male.

carolerex
Sat Oct 10, 2009, 10:19 AM
I dont know if this fish is male or female too young yet to show any breeding behaviour.

carolerex
Sat Oct 10, 2009, 11:02 AM
Have to quit for tonight my mouse hand is cramping will finish posting pictures tomorrow

carolerex
Sat Oct 10, 2009, 11:33 PM
This photo shows them with babies. They are the parents of the juvies I have for sale at the moment. The male is not yet fully grown and is shaping up to be a big boy. The female however although still young will not grow any bigger.

carolerex
Sun Oct 11, 2009, 12:28 AM
I have included this photo of the male chequerboad as the other with the young is quite a few months older. He has grown a bit since then and will continue to get a bit bigger yet.

carolerex
Sun Oct 11, 2009, 12:34 AM
Even though this breeding pair has already sold I have included pictures of them as I have progeny by them for sale.

carolerex
Sun Oct 11, 2009, 12:39 AM
Sorry the last picture should have been of the male Gold striped pigeon blood. I will endevour to post the right photo

carolerex
Sun Oct 11, 2009, 12:57 AM
Sorry the last picture should have been of the male Gold striped pigeon blood. I will endevour to post the right photo

carolerex
Sun Oct 11, 2009, 12:59 AM

carolerex
Sun Oct 11, 2009, 02:51 AM
:oops: Sorry I thought I was getting better with posting. I dont know how all those double ups happen.
This is a young PB not sure what type or what sex. Around 8or9cm
130 dollars (we paid more than that for it quite a few months ago.)

carolerex
Sun Oct 11, 2009, 03:07 AM
Even though I said I have more young adults for sale, the last four (Red spotted green, Eruption, LSS, and Snow leopard) I have decided I can't part with. So thats all I have for sale, Apart from quite a lot of small Golden PB's about 10cent size and smaller (some too small to sell yet)
Thank's for looking.

carolerex
Sun Oct 11, 2009, 03:09 AM
Even though I said I have more young adults for sale, the last four (Red spotted green, Eruption, LSS, and Snow leopard) I have decided I can't part with. So thats all I have for sale, Apart from quite a lot of small Golden PB's about 10cent size and smaller (some too small to sell yet)
Thank's for looking.

carolerex
Mon Oct 12, 2009, 11:09 AM
Golden Sunrise/Allenquer pair sold
Magic Red sold

scuba123cliff
Mon Oct 12, 2009, 09:47 PM
I saw these fish last night they are some of the best I have seen in town for a long time, so if you want some fish to start your breeding with try these.
Cliff

carolerex
Tue Oct 13, 2009, 03:02 AM
Thanks for your nice comment Cliff

carolerex
Tue Oct 13, 2009, 03:03 AM
Thanks for your nice comment Cliff

mcloughlin2
Tue Oct 13, 2009, 04:57 AM
You may struggle posting pictures, but your very good at posting multiple posts! :lol:

Very nice discus - that pigeon blood is very unusual, I like it alot.

Mr Wild
Tue Oct 13, 2009, 06:16 AM
PM sent please reply.

Mr Wild
Tue Oct 13, 2009, 06:17 AM
PM sent please reply.

Sorry wrong post!

carolerex
Tue Oct 13, 2009, 10:35 PM
Yes I am pretty good at multiple posting mcloughlin2 but do you know after the last one, fingers crossed I think I have it figured out. Because my internet connection is lousy it keeps dropping out when I refresh the page it takes me back to my last post. From there I have been using the backward arrow at top left of page to take me back and that's where the double posts happen. Thats my theory anyway lets see if it works. Any advise on this would be welcome it is very embarrasing.

carolerex
Tue Oct 13, 2009, 11:03 PM
You'r spot on mcloughlin2 but I think after the last double up, I may know where I am going wrong.
Because my internet connection is so lousy it keeps dropping out when I try to get back to my post. When I refresh the page it takes me back to where I posted my last one and then when I use the backward arrow at top left of page thats when it double posts. Thats my theory anyway. The next time it drops out I will change the way I do it, fingers crossed. Any advise appreciated as it is sooo embarassing.

carolerex
Tue Oct 13, 2009, 11:05 PM
So much for that theory :roll:

Mr Wild
Wed Oct 14, 2009, 12:21 AM
So can you tell me what is left that is still for sale?

Tip to try. After posting even if you internet is a bit off, just click on the forum tab at the top then go through to see if you have posted, might save you some time. HTH

carolerex
Wed Oct 14, 2009, 03:14 AM
Thanks for the tip Mr Wild will try it.
Still for sale
Blue diamond/Striated blue proven breeding pair
Chequer board/Red Turk chequer board x proven breeding pair
Anaconda/Gold spotted leopard PB pair
Twelve progeny left from Chequerboard pair.
Golden Sunrise, Red Turk, and a Striped pb
Numerous juvies from Gold Striped pb pair between 10 and 50 cent size.

carolerex
Sat Oct 24, 2009, 12:39 AM
Update on what I have left.
Chequer board/Red Turk chequer board x proven breeding pair
Anaconda/Gold spotted leopard PB pair
Five progeny left from Chequerboard pair.
Golden Sunrise, Red Turk, and a Striped pb
In about 4 weeks time we will have some young Gold striped pigeon bloods (too small as yet)

carolerex
Sat Oct 24, 2009, 12:57 AM
Hi davehs11 can you please email me carolerex@bigpond.com I can't reply to your pm my reply won't send

carolerex
Sun Oct 25, 2009, 10:46 AM
Chequerboard pair sold

tgf
Fri Nov 20, 2009, 01:51 AM
Hi Just wondering what breeding pairs you still have for sale, where abouts in adelaide you are and what the costs for each pair are please?