PDA

View Full Version : FS ++ FAKE AQUARIUM ROCKS, SAFE, LIGHT + REAL LOOKING ++

Ronny Ponny
Mon Oct 05, 2009, 07:00 AM
Hi All,
I make Fake AQUARIUM ROCKS, that are Very Safe, and Very Real Looking, and Great for Fish Habitats and Aquariums.

They are all Hand made and much Lighter than Natural Rocks. There are Small, Medium,+ Large ........ Corner Rocks ,1/2 Rocks, Ornamental Rocks, Some can be used as a HIDE. They can come in any Colour, mainly.... Grey or Reddish , or Lighter Sandstone ( when I say Grey etc. that colour may have 5 different colours thru out the Rock as in Nature )...they can also have Fake Algae or not.

Below are a couple of samples, Please take into account that the Rocks themselves look heaps better than what the images show.

Prices are from $20.00 If you are interested and want more info.........Please Email or Phone me and I will send you More Images, Sizes and Prices

I can Post to Anywhere in Australia, or they can be Picked up.

Also let me Know whether Reptile or Aquarium Rocks. ..... as I make Both.

Cheers Ron

Mr Wild
Mon Oct 05, 2009, 07:10 AM
No pics mate

Ronny Ponny
Mon Oct 05, 2009, 07:32 AM
Sorry I stuffed up the Image Upload.

Regards...Ron

Silver Cichlid
Mon Oct 05, 2009, 12:50 PM
Beautiful! Have saved this thread for future reference for when I setup my next tank :D

Ronny Ponny
Mon Oct 05, 2009, 01:07 PM
HI Silver C,
There's a Lot more than the above. Have added a couple more Pics.

Cheers... Ron

scott bowler
Mon Oct 05, 2009, 07:43 PM
hey ronnie , my name is scott and i have a 2x2x2 tank at home i would like to make in to a display tank. i would like to know how much for the type of backing like in the last pic , thank you scot t

ILLUSN
Mon Oct 05, 2009, 11:06 PM
Hi Ronniy, great to see you posting mate, was flicking through your catalog in my vets waiting room the otherday.

nice to see someone out west making a positive go of the fish and reptile market.

Ronny Ponny
Tue Oct 06, 2009, 02:51 AM
hey ronnie , my name is scott and i have a 2x2x2 tank at home i would like to make in to a display tank. i would like to know how much for the type of backing like in the last pic , thank you scot t

Hi Scott,
Regarding that Wall, it Cost $330, and it was 2½ft x 2½ft , in 2 Pieces so it could go thru the Top (Upper Overlapping the Lower , to hide Join ), It also had a Section on the Right to accommodate the Corner CatFish Mountain Rock , So it would butt up Flush against it.

It had a section behind the Top Right for the Power Head where the Cutout is.
On the Lower Section it incorporated a Long Cave ( open both ends ) for Clown Loaches and others to Hide and Sleep. And also a section Cut out on the Left Lower Corner for some sort of a Weir.

I can make the Walls any way you want them, It all depends How much 3D definition is wanted , ( Shelves, Caves, Overhangs etc. ) Also the size of the access thru the Top of the Tank, and how much want to spend.

Cost is governed by the "Bells and Whistles" , ......A Flat Wall like a sheet of Fibro is cheaper than something with Lumps all over (If you know what i mean ).... I have seen Flat pieces of Coloured Polystyrene (Esky Foam ) that you can still see the foam beads in , Selling for $70 in Pet shops.

Attached are a few Pics, the first 2 are of the Wall we are talking about
above showing the Wall out of the Tank and Also the lower section showing the Cave etc.

And Below them is a RockWall I made for a Reptile Tank, it could have been used for a Aquarium if desired , it cost $130.

If you want to Email me with some specs of your tank (Top opening etc ) and I'll send you More Pics, Prices etc......... or Ring me.. ( I'm here just about 24/7 , and you can ring up until Midnight if you want )....... I find it easier to talk to people via the Phone rather than typing..... Sometimes I read an email after I have sent it a few days later , and find that it said not what i was trying to put accross.

Cheers.... Ron.

*** Hi Illusn, thanks for the positive comments,... re the Vet... I have had only one Call from people visiting the Vet, and one from the Vet himself inquiring about My Rocks for their habitats.
At least people are still seeing the Rock sheets I left there.

Regards...Ron

Merrilyn
Fri Oct 09, 2009, 11:25 AM
Hi Ronny, great looking rocks. What are they made of, and do they alter the pH of the tank?

I've got a 10ft x 30 inches x 30 inches and I'd love to put a rock wall on the back. Nothing fancy, fairly flat and no caves or holes needed, just a background for my wild discus.

Can you give me a ball park figure on the cost?

Ronny Ponny
Fri Oct 09, 2009, 12:13 PM
Hi Merrilyn,

I have sent you an Email.

Cheers .....Ron

Ronny Ponny
Thu Dec 10, 2009, 08:27 AM
Hi Everybody,
Here is a New Wall that I have just made recently for a Frog Habitat, It is 4ft x 20" .
Has a Cascade that Runs down to a Rock in the Pond section , It has a Rock divider to keep the Land out of the Water, It has Caves and Ledges , and Pockets for planting.

It consists of a Wall, An End Section , a Corner Rock for the Pond, and a Rock Divider .

The Colours are not True , I should have set the White Balance prior to taking photo.

I posted it to let you know of different walls etc.

Cheers... Ron

Ronny Ponny
Mon Jan 17, 2011, 01:12 PM
Turtle Wall , Ledge and Filter
Hi ,
Below is a Turtle Tank Wall and Ledge etc , Set up I made for a Guy recently.

It has an In-tank Pump in the Left Hand lower Corner, That is hidden by Fake Rock with Holes in it for the water to pass through.

The water is then pumped up behind the Wall in the Left Cnr, it the Flows throw a Stainless steel Overhead Filter, (I designed, he had made up) .

Water comes into the First section (Changeable Filter Wool )via a Spray Bar then goes under a Divider Plate, flow through that section ( Bio-Mesh ) and goes over the next Divider plate, then flows through the next section ( which has a bag of Activated Carbon in it ).

Then goes under a Divider plate through a very short section approx 30mm and over the last Divider plate into the last Section that has 2 Outlets , 1 to the Waterfall and 1 back to the Tank.

The return to the Tank is adjustable, so if you want to turn the WF off, the Outlet to the Tank is pushed lower than the WF outlet, so the water returns to the tank via a pipe behind the wall in the Left rear cnr.

The Filter sits in an area cut out of the Wall at the very top of the wall and can be easily accessed. The Tank is 4ft Long and The Filter is approx 3½ft long.

The whole filter Box can be removed by just undoing a Screw a Tap/Hose fitting at the entry end (Left top ) and lifted out ( if needed ), but for a weekly service ...... means just removing the Spray Bar and Changing the Filter Wool.

I have also attached some Pics of the Filter Box and Set up taken just before I made the Final adjustments and Finished it.

If you are interested and want more info...Please Post or PM me
Also I make ,"Reptile Rocks" and "Aquarium Rocks" too.

Thanks Ron ...............

Penrith, Sydney NSW

tyson71
Sun Jan 23, 2011, 03:45 AM
Awesome stuff Ron, keep up the good work.

tyson71
Sun Jan 23, 2011, 03:48 AM
Awesome stuff Ron, keep up the good work.

Ronny Ponny
Sun Jan 23, 2011, 06:42 AM
Thanks Tyson

Ronny Ponny
Mon May 16, 2011, 11:48 AM
Hi Everybody ,

Here are a few more Pics.....
* A Customer's Tank with a couple of my Rocks.

* A couple of Hide Caves.

Any questions .. Please Email me or Ring Me.

Cheers.... Ron

[/url]

Ronny Ponny
Wed Aug 17, 2011, 04:48 AM
Hi ,
Recently I made some Rocks for a Guy that had Marine tanks and wanted the 5 Rocks to have Fake Coraline Algae on them.

Below are a couple of them , plus one of the Aqua Fish Rocks of a different look.

Any questions ... please email me , and I can send you more info if you want.

Cheers ... Ron

Ronny Ponny
Sat Sep 24, 2011, 05:42 AM
Hi Everybody,

I have just recently completed a Custom Corner Rock for a Guy ( see below).

I intend to make a mould of it so I can reproduce the same Rock
each time.

This Corner Rock was for an Aquarium , but it could be used for any Frog or other Reptile Habitats too.

It could also be used for a Waterfall / Cascade.

It could be made in other colours....... Lighter Grey, Sandstone, White,
and a Desert Red for use in a Desert Reptile Habitat.

I thought it would look good in any habitat.

The Size of this Rock is.....

* Left Side ---- 39.5 cms
* Right Side ---- 30.0 cms
* Height ---- 45.0 cms

I haven't made the Mould for it as yet, but hope to in the next Month.

Cheers .... Ron

Penrith, Sydney NSW.

Email: ronnys-rocks@tpg.com.au

Phone : 02 47 35 6021

Mob: 0407 069 992

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h127/RonnyPonny/AQUARIUM%20CUSTOM%20ROCKS/RichardPooleysCustomRockMiddleView.jpg
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h127/RonnyPonny/AQUARIUM%20CUSTOM%20ROCKS/RichardPooleysCustomRockRightSideView.jpg
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h127/RonnyPonny/AQUARIUM%20CUSTOM%20ROCKS/RichardPooleysCustomRockLeftSideView.jpg
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h127/RonnyPonny/AQUARIUM%20CUSTOM%20ROCKS/RichardPooleysCustomRockTopView.jpg

Ronny Ponny
Mon Oct 31, 2011, 02:15 PM
Hi Everybody,

I now have the Mould made for the Corner Rock in the above Post.

The Rock shown above is named "Aqua" for an Aquarium , It shows a gloss on it in places,
but when in the Water the Shine won't be seen.

When made for Reptile habitats, it is of a different material that has a normal Rock like finish without the Gloss.

This could be modified to use as a Waterfall/ Cascade

Please Email or Phone Me if you have any Questions .

Cheers... Ron

Ronny Ponny
Sat Dec 31, 2011, 12:52 PM
Hi Everybody,

All the best for the New Year.

I have a new Rock , .. Aqua Medium Fish Rock... See attached

Like all the My Rocks .. they can be any Colour.

It can have More Holes, or No Holes

Cheers... Ron

Ronny Ponny
Wed May 16, 2012, 05:05 AM
Hi Everybody,

Here is a Pic of some Rocks I made for a Guy ..... His Tank had a 16 x16 cm Weir in the Left Corner,

The return to Tank pipe came up through the Sand towards the Front of the Tank... it was covered by a Rock I made.

The Rocks have large caves in them for Nesting and give the Fish a little security.

If you have any questions ... Please give me an Email or Ring me . and I'll give you more Info

Cheers Ron

Ronny Ponny
Mon Aug 20, 2012, 06:13 AM
Hi Everybody ,

Here are some Pics of a Large 6 Piece Rock I made.

It was for a 2.9mtr Triangular Tank ... That had a 30 x 30cm Box Weir in the Centre of the Tank .

It had a Low ceiling above the Tank that restricted the Height of the Pieces of Rock.

The Rock was made up with an Upper Piece,... A Middle Section,... The Bottom Section was 2 Pieces ... and There were 2 Outrigger Rocks to Extend the Base.

The Rock is full of Cave and Swim throughs.

I was also restricted ... when it came to tapering the Rock out at the Bottom because of the Sides of the Tank.

Cheers.... Ron

Ronny Ponny
Fri Jan 10, 2014, 03:57 AM
Hi Everybody ...

Here are some Pics of a set of Rocks I made for a Guy's tank...

It consists of a Aqua Custom Corner Rock with an Extension that pushes it forward 50mm .... which allows for filter Pipes to run behind the CNR Rock....

Then it has another Extender Rock ... that blends with the Ext. Rock This Rock has Holes that line up with the Extension Rock ... the fish can swim in one and out the other.

The Extender Rock can be placed anywhere in the tank if desired.

If you have any question... Please give me a Ring, It's very hard to Ask and Answer via a Keyboard be it Email, Message or SMS without a Lot of Back and Forth,...

There are so many things to ask regarding someones tank and making Rocks to suit.... ( too many to list here )

You can Ring me Any Day .... until 10pm

More Pics can be seen here..

http://s63.photobucket.com/albums/h127/RonnyPonny/AQUARIUM%20ROCKS/

Cheers... Ron