PDA

View Full Version : Apistogramma Availability List Here

Hassles
Mon Sep 21, 2009, 05:43 PM
Please see the list below. It is importatnt that you order your fish via your LFS manager ASAP. If you have anything less than an excellent relationship with your LFS manager please leave a deposit at the time of ordering. This will help secure your fish.best of luck.

These fish will be sourced from Glaser in Germany. They also have some strains of Wild Discus for those with an interest.

g br denotes German Bred

agassizi fire red g br
borelli/reitzigi g br
bitaeniata kleei
sp breitbinden g br
combrae g br
caca 3 fach orange g br
caca 3 fach red g br
hoignei g br
hongsloi red line
hongsloi red gold g br
hippolytae 2 spot
huascar g br
iniridae wild
juruense wild
macmasteri g br
macmasteri wild
sp mouthbreeder (barlowi)
panduro g br
resticulosa g br
sp jurua g br
borellii opal g br
viejita
viejita farbform II
viejita gold g br

boydvd
Mon Sep 21, 2009, 10:57 PM
Hi Hassles

great work... which ones do u think you will get?

I might get a pair of GB Panduro to supplement my wilds... I like the look of the fire red aggies too.

cheers
BD

Sime76
Tue Sep 22, 2009, 01:35 AM
Any recommendations for good LFS's that would do this in Melbourne?

boydvd
Tue Sep 22, 2009, 02:22 AM
Hi Sime

Try Eric at Balckburn aquarium. that's where hassles and I put our special orders.

Hassles
Tue Sep 22, 2009, 06:24 AM
Any recommendations for good LFS's that would do this in Melbourne?

These fish will be sourced from Bayfish - major Australian importer / distributior. Any halfways decent aquarium should have no trouble ordering for you. Leave a deposit as an expression of your interest BUT do it now. We do not have much time

As the post above says - I harrass Eric at Blackburn Aquarium who works pretty hard on my behalf. he has sourced "most" of my Apistos and is pretty keen on the specie also. He and I "try" to keep seperate bloodlines of many apistos & we occasionally swap fish to start a new line.

Hassles
Tue Sep 22, 2009, 06:28 AM
Hi Hassles

great work... which ones do u think you will get?

I might get a pair of GB Panduro to supplement my wilds... I like the look of the fire red aggies too.

cheers
BD

bitaeniata kleei - to add to my existing fish

sp breitbinden g br

huascar g br - very tricky apisto to keep. water must be soft and below PH 5.5

resticulosa g br

sp jurua g br - very tricky apisto to keep. water must be soft and below PH 5.5

Rod
Wed Sep 23, 2009, 02:13 AM
Thanks for the effort .... :wink:

Once upon a time.....you could go to Bayfish's website and see what they had in stock....ring up your LFS and ask for a price.....then order what you want....Great stuff!

Now you can't..... :cry:
those were the days.....not all change is for the better!

Do they have any West Africans???

Hassles
Wed Sep 23, 2009, 11:24 AM

Once upon a time.....you could go to Bayfish's website and see what they had in stock....ring up your LFS and ask for a price.....then order what you want....Great stuff!

No. I did have kribensis taeniatus at one point (loved them) but they moved out to make way for Apistos

Robdog
Wed Sep 23, 2009, 11:40 AM

Only the usual Kribs Rod. None of the good exotic stuff

Rod
Wed Sep 23, 2009, 11:21 PM
Thanks...:wink:

I have a breeding pair of P taeniatus(25 fry)
I also have Nannochromis transvestitus...trio
Also have some nice kribs....breeding male has 7 spot on his tail not the common one or 2

Bayfish did get Congochromis dimidiatus in about a year ago
I got a couple of pair but I lost them unfortunately....I now have a better source of rainwater!!
Love to get them(or any of their cousins) again!!!

Sime76
Thu Oct 01, 2009, 01:22 AM
Has anyone had their LFS order any from this list yet? I have tried one LFS sofar but they did not deal with Bayfish so was reluctant to order.
I'm not near Blackburn aquarium so not keen on traveling there.
I'm near Essendon Aquarium so was going to go and see them on the weekend.
But the other thing that conserns me is that I only want 1 pair as I only have a 2 footer so the shop may not want to only order a pair and the odds of getting a dodgey pair are probably alot greater as I can't chose the best from a group.

Hassles
Thu Oct 01, 2009, 05:55 AM
Has anyone had their LFS order any from this list yet? I have tried one LFS sofar but they did not deal with Bayfish so was reluctant to order.
But the other thing that conserns me is that I only want 1 pair as I only have a 2 footer so the shop may not want to only order a pair and the odds of getting a dodgey pair are probably alot greater as I can't chose the best from a group.

I am quite sure that it is already too late to order something. What are you after ? perhaps a forum member has the fish you want ? As Bayfish is a major importer / distributor / wholesaler I wonder why your LFS chooses not to deal with them.

take care

Hassles
Thu Oct 01, 2009, 06:07 AM

From the"Glaser" catalogue...

Nannochromis(Congoch.)sabinae
Nannochromis transvestitus
Otopharynx lithobates g.br.
Pelvicachromis pulcher ALBINO albino kribensis
Pelvicachromis pulcher g.br. kribensis
Pelvicachrom.pulcher RED wild red kribensis
Pelvicachrom.pulcher RED g.br. red kribensis
Pelvicachromis pulcher YELLOW golden kribensis
Pelv.sp.BLUE-FIN SPOTTED wild
Pel.subocellatus MATADI eu.br.
Pelvic.taeniatus LOBE wild

Sime76
Thu Oct 01, 2009, 09:39 AM

I am quite sure that it is already too late to order something. What are you after ? perhaps a forum member has the fish you want ? As Bayfish is a major importer / distributor / wholesaler I wonder why your LFS chooses not to deal with them.

take care

I don't think it was as cut and dried as the LFS choses not deal with Bayfish but maybe they do not deal with them regularly or something like that, I have a feeling they may do some of their own importing.
I was more enquiring rather than asking them to order something for me. He was quite helpful and if I asked probably would have tried to order.
I know the bloke there is a fan of apistos and used to import them but did have enough interest to keep it going.

I like most of the different types of apisto. The following are types I've had before and would also be my faves and I would interested in a pair of - agassizi, cacatuoides, nijsseni, panduro.

Cheers

Rod
Thu Oct 01, 2009, 10:41 AM

From the"Glaser" catalogue...

Nannochromis transvestitus
Otopharynx lithobates g.br.
Pelvicachromis pulcher ALBINO albino kribensis
Pelvicachromis pulcher g.br. kribensis
Pelvicachrom.pulcher RED wild red kribensis
Pelvicachromis pulcher YELLOW golden kribensis
Pelv.sp.BLUE-FIN SPOTTED wild
Pel.subocellatus MATADI eu.br.
Pelvic.taeniatus LOBE wild

They are my avatar!!!
price would not be an issue!!! :wink:

Robdog
Thu Oct 01, 2009, 10:45 AM
Hey Sime76,
Say hi to the Eclectus parrot when you go into the shop. Maybe it still has some of my finger left in its cage. :lol:

Would be good to have some wild kribs come in to clean up the colourless crap that is normally on offer. If only that list would translate into realistic numbers of fish arriving in Australia. :roll:

Pixeltoy
Fri Oct 02, 2009, 10:35 PM
So where are Apsito Baenschi (Inka 50) hiding?
Surely someone in Australia is breeding them?
Anyone?

kevinicus
Mon Oct 05, 2009, 01:50 PM
ive been trying to find Apistogramma elizabethae red without any luck at all!
any suggestions fellow form members?

Hassles
Mon Oct 05, 2009, 06:38 PM
ive been trying to find Apistogramma elizabethae red without any luck at all!
any suggestions fellow form members?

These fish have been kept / bred by some Sydney based breeders and these are also occasonally available from Glaser Aquarium inGermany. This is a difficult to keep and breed apisto which is also expensive - approx: $250 per specimen.

mcloughlin2
Mon Oct 05, 2009, 11:56 PM
Bayfish are generally a rip off for anything other then tetras/livebearers/goldfish. Look at the prices of some of their african cichlids and discus - wholesale price is above what I'd pay at a LFS!

Hassles
Tue Oct 06, 2009, 01:03 AM
Bayfish are generally a rip off for anything other then tetras/livebearers/goldfish. Look at the prices of some of their african cichlids and discus - wholesale price is above what I'd pay at a LFS!

I have no idea what Bayfish costs are, I only know what my LFS sells fish for. Its through Bayfish that my LFS sources my Apistogramma. Unless I start importing myself I don't see an alternative. As far as Apistos go I don't pay excessive costs and am delighted when new fish arrive.

Looks like I will be getting my A.huascar and A.resticulosa very soon :-)

Rod
Thu Oct 08, 2009, 01:11 AM
I believe Bayfish are the only importer who buys Apisto's from Germany?

However.....there are now some quality fish being sourced out of Asia
This hasn't always been the case.

I've bought dwarfs from Bayfish via my LFS.....they weren't cheap but they were good quality and they supplied pairs....can't ask for more.

I'd never bag them on quality or price.....but I'm disappointed that I no longer have direct access to their stocklist....and I tell everyone whether the listen or not! :wink:

gingerbeer01
Thu Oct 08, 2009, 09:37 PM
I was told unless you can muster a 10k order = you can;t go from Germany, hence difficult for small importers to raise that sort of order. I believe Bay are now the only guys big enough to do it.

And yes - they will cost more than an import from asia - there is a reason for that.

Rod
Fri Oct 09, 2009, 01:42 AM
Good News....for Queenslanders :lol:

Jodi-Lea(fishchick) has just got back from a Thai trip

She has made contact with an American who imports Apisto's direct from South America into Thailand.....also rare corys, tetras etc

ps You Southerners don't have to miss out.....she does ship fish all over Australia!! :wink:

BigDaddyAdo
Fri Oct 09, 2009, 05:37 AM
I got my Apistos from Jodi-Lea. Fantastic fish.

gingerbeer01
Fri Oct 09, 2009, 06:58 AM
Now that sounds interesting Rod. Got no money but might go shopping this weekend anyway.