PDA

View Full Version : clean tank

lpiasente
Sun Sep 20, 2009, 10:22 PM
i thought I always kept a very very clean tank until yesterday...... I always clean my glass during water changes gravel vac and clean everything 3 times a week. Yesterday I decided to strip it down. I took everything out just about climbed in there and cleaned the glass. 10 hours later the tank is sooooo clean it looks like water is suspended in the middle of my loungeroom with fish swimming in it. Now I know how a clean tank looks again. LOVE IT

Hollowman
Sun Sep 20, 2009, 10:26 PM
If you have some spare time Leanne, I have a few that need your special treatment :wink:

Steve

Mr Wild
Sun Sep 20, 2009, 10:36 PM
Me too! Fancy a farm stay? LOL

lpiasente
Mon Sep 21, 2009, 12:43 AM
hahaha first time in a year i had pulled this tank down. Thanks for the offer guys but a bit buggered today :)

Hollowman
Mon Sep 21, 2009, 12:05 PM
Thanks for the offer guys but a bit buggered today :)

I'm not even going there........... :shock: :lol:

simmo2302
Mon Sep 21, 2009, 01:01 PM
buggered does not have the same meaning over here in AUs as it does in the UK

Hollowman
Mon Sep 21, 2009, 04:52 PM
:lol:

simmo2302
Mon Sep 21, 2009, 09:25 PM
hence y i can say i m buggered everyday and keep a straight face ;-)

also lpiasente congrats on the squeeky cleen tank, i can understand your frustration, i clean glass of my tank every 2-3 days when i do a WC (BB tank, nothing but fish in it) and by the time it comes to do a WC again there is allways white crap attaching to the glass again.

i got a funny feeling its cos i feed alot of frozen brine shrimp

lpiasente
Mon Sep 21, 2009, 09:40 PM
Ok that one went straight over my head!!!!!!!!!!! Obviously there is another meaning to buggered?????? Maybe I shouldn't go there :)

lpiasente
Mon Sep 21, 2009, 09:43 PM
I was wiping off green alge that I couldn't see on the glass but on the white paper towel it was very green. I think there is a bit of calicum build up on there as well as there was a cloudy covering over the whole tank.
Not anymore :)

TW
Mon Sep 21, 2009, 10:24 PM
hahaha

Steve buggered = exhausted, tired, worn out, etc

hehehe

Good work on the sparkling clean glass

lpiasente
Mon Sep 21, 2009, 10:43 PM
OMG OMG OMG I just looked this up in the urban dictionary.,OMG OMG OMG :shock:
I will never use that term on here again :lol:

simmo2302
Tue Sep 22, 2009, 03:48 AM
hahaha, i neva used to know the 'old english' term for buggered either. it took my grandmother, god rest her soul, to tell me the original meaning.

just like gay doesnt mean what it used to either.

these days bugger is just an expression of tiredness.

unfortunately many people in the UK just dont get the aussie language, after all a recent aussie tourist advertising campaign was banned in the UK because of the word 'bloody'.

so all i got to say is bloody hell and go bugga yourself ;-) lol

lpiasente
Tue Sep 22, 2009, 04:27 AM
:lol:

Hollowman
Tue Sep 22, 2009, 11:59 AM
You lot are making my laugh :lol:

I know and use the word in both ways too, but Leanne...... :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: Naughty step for you young lady!!!!

Steve