PDA

View Full Version : Spawned !!!!

BigDaddyAdo
Sat Sep 19, 2009, 10:22 PM
My Apistrogramma Trifasciata pair have spawned. Only looks to be about 25-30 eggs though. Its their first attempt.

gingerbeer01
Sun Sep 20, 2009, 02:16 AM
now for the ong haul - Trifaciata grow so damn slow....

BigDaddyAdo
Sun Sep 20, 2009, 07:16 AM
There are only about 15 or so eggs left.

Pixeltoy
Sun Sep 20, 2009, 09:13 AM
Stop eating them! Not caviar!

BigDaddyAdo
Mon Sep 21, 2009, 07:20 AM
The eggs have hatched. 15-20. ;)

Hassles
Mon Sep 21, 2009, 02:02 PM
hey Ado

thats pretty good for a first trifasciata spawn. When mature a trifasciata spawn of 30 is considered good.

Does this (your spwan) mean you no longer want one of my females ;-)

cvongratulations.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Spawns don't count unless you can provide images heh heh heh

take care

BigDaddyAdo
Mon Sep 21, 2009, 08:49 PM
They are in a spot that makes taking a pic impossible at this stage. Once she brings them out i will take a pic.

I will still be wanting another female as i will probably keep the best male from a spawn in case something happens to the male i have now. I figured that its best not to inbreed to much. What do you think hassles?

Hassles
Tue Sep 22, 2009, 06:19 AM
They are in a spot that makes taking a pic impossible at this stage. Once she brings them out i will take a pic.

I will still be wanting another female as i will probably keep the best male from a spawn in case something happens to the male i have now. I figured that its best not to inbreed to much. What do you think hassles?

Always best to avoid inbreeding. A time ot two is ok but best avoided. I have two trifascaiata lines and two jurensis lines and its always good to swap fish to establish / maintain genetics. I have always sourced cacatuoides to beed with those I have bred. The problem lies with the less common species - where do you get other bloodlines from ?

BigDaddyAdo
Thu Sep 24, 2009, 11:32 AM
She has them out for the first time. The are bigger than i thought they would be. Im just about to give them a little feed.

I was kind of hoping one of the juvi gobies would venture a little closer to see what happens. The male looks to be keeping a close eye on them. I have not seen any aggression between the parents.

:)

Hassles
Thu Sep 24, 2009, 11:52 AM
She has them out for the first time. The are bigger than i thought they would be. Im just about to give them a little feed.

I was kind of hoping one of the juvi gobies would venture a little closer to see what happens. The male looks to be keeping a close eye on them. I have not seen any aggression between the parents.

You may very well noit see aggression between the parents but... keep a close eye on the male. Should he become overly insistent on breeding again the female may abandon the fry or she may become stressed - with undesirable consequences. Just be observent and intervene if deemed neccessary. Damn lovely fish the trifaciata

TW
Thu Sep 24, 2009, 11:56 AM
congratulations on the fry

What about a pic of the parents, if not the fry

BigDaddyAdo
Thu Sep 24, 2009, 12:29 PM
I have annoyed them enough for one night and i wont be home until late tomorrow night. I will do my best to get some pics on the weekend.

There looks to be at least a dozen fry, possibly more.

They are bigger than i expected. I remember my Blue Ram fry being much much smaller.

AussieStar
Sat Sep 26, 2009, 02:00 AM
pics???

BigDaddyAdo
Sat Sep 26, 2009, 06:28 AM
I should be able to get some pics tonight. She brings them out quite often much to the dismay of the Gobies. Last count was 17 fry.

BigDaddyAdo
Sat Sep 26, 2009, 11:09 AM
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh264/BigDaddyAdo/IMG_3790.jpg

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh264/BigDaddyAdo/IMG_3791.jpg

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh264/BigDaddyAdo/IMG_3793.jpg

I tried for 30 minutes to get a good pic of him but he didnt want to come to the party.......

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh264/BigDaddyAdo/IMG_3803.jpg

AussieStar
Sun Sep 27, 2009, 01:20 AM
they are so so so cool. Well done.

BigDaddyAdo
Tue Sep 29, 2009, 08:38 AM
There still appears to be 16 or 17 fry. Very hard to count them though. They are feeding well and even get stuck into flake, NLS, etc.

There has been no aggression between the parents and they have been doing an incredible job of looking after the fry.

;)

BigDaddyAdo
Sat Oct 03, 2009, 02:25 AM
it looks like the male got a bit amorous and began hassling the female. She was unable to protect the fry and i think the desert gobies ate them. :(

Hassles
Sat Oct 03, 2009, 07:45 AM
it looks like the male got a bit amorous and began hassling the female. She was unable to protect the fry and i think the desert gobies ate them. :(

Thats a pretty tough lesson Ado. Your fish look to be a very nice strain so I am looking forward to a fish swap at some future point.

take care

BigDaddyAdo
Sun Oct 04, 2009, 10:07 AM
Im thinking i will remove the Desert gobies when they next spawn. Unfortunately i dont have the time for another tank atm so i really have to get them sorted out in this tank.

The desert gobies had a massive growth spurt after consuming the fry.