PDA

View Full Version : The 2009 OCA Extravaganza is upon us!

Monster Fish Rescue
Sat Sep 19, 2009, 12:18 AM
Hello all you Cichlid Geeks and Cichlidiots!,

It's that time of year, AGAIN!

The Ohio Cichlid Association Extravaganza is fast approaching – November 20,21,22 2009. :shock: Some have already registered and reserved their rooms. Hotel rooms will go fast so reserve them early!! The show has grown in attendance and room reservations each year!!!

We have a fantastic speaker line-up full of heavy hitters including: Ad Konings, Willem Heijns, Rusty Wessel, Dr. Jay Stauffer, Don Conkel and special guest Eric Bodrock!!!!!

Vote for your favorite Willem Heijns talk on the CRC forum at http://www.cichlidae.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=7048.

Definitely a line-up of must see fish talks!

With that line-up, a huge dry goods auction (Saturday night) and an even bigger Fish Auction Sunday you’ll need the Saturday night pizza party, free hospitality rooms (Friday and Saturday) and morning mixers (Saturday and Sunday) to build up your strength!!

NEW for 2009!!! :shock: :shock:

Come participate in the first ever Extravaganza Swap Meet!!! Buy Sell and Trade anything legal in the state of Ohio!!!! Yes, we’ll still have vendor tables. Bring lots of stuff to sell and trade we expect a very busy day with lots of added traffic in the show and vendor rooms!!!

When: Saturday from 10am to 2pm
Cost: Tables $20/ea
No buyer admission fee

Extravaganza Swap info/questions:
drewluvspeaches@yahoo.com
330-730-3177

Also the Ohio Cichlid Association is proud to announce the First Annual “Late Night with” series with special guest Willem Heijns speaking on his world famous Cichlidarium!! Bring your favorite beverage or (WE MAY PROVIDE COFFEE) for this late night talk.

There are two ways to register this year!
Mail Registration (New Mailing Address for 2009)
Mail Registration and Check to:
Ohio Cichlid Association
c/o Rhonda Sorensen 4179 W. 59th
Cleveland, Ohio 44144

Electronic Registration
Email Registration to:
OhioCichlidAssoc@aol.com
Send Total via Pay Pal to:
PayPal@OhioCichlid.com

Please visit our website for more information at http://www.ohiocichlid.com/home/
Or visit our Extravaganza web page to download registration forms at http://www.ohiocichlid.com/oca-extravaganza/

We look forward to seeing you in November!!!!

Proteus
Fri Oct 09, 2009, 10:06 AM
Oh my.... I can't believe I missed this post... :oops:

I will be in Ohio from the 18th through 22nd...

Might have to see whats on the schedule and make the 150 mile drive up to Cleveland from Columbus

:thumb

Monster Fish Rescue
Fri Oct 09, 2009, 11:02 AM
If anything come up to see the showroom. The discus are incredible! Not to mention the entire hotel is taken over by cichlididiots and there's people everywhere selling fish out of their rooms!

Proteus
Fri Oct 09, 2009, 11:05 AM
If anything come up to see the showroom. The discus are incredible! Not to mention the entire hotel is taken over by cichlididiots and there's people everywhere selling fish out of their rooms!

I know what you mean...

The last big Cichlid convention I went to stateside was in 2004 at the ACA in Denver with Pyrowolf & Fishpimpin73 and it was bizarre to see so many rooms (as in guest rooms) fully set up with dozens of little tanks selling and swapping fish.

Was great to listen to most of the big name speakers as well.

Monster Fish Rescue
Fri Oct 09, 2009, 11:11 AM
Our list of speakers this year is rockin' and not to know the ACA conventions (because I've never been to one) but apparently the OCA Extravaganza is better....

Proteus
Fri Oct 09, 2009, 11:19 AM
I have always been told that when the ACA is held in OH like it was not too long ago in either Cincinnati or Cleveland, it is huge...

Monster Fish Rescue
Fri Oct 09, 2009, 12:58 PM
It was in cincinnati a few months ago and I wasn't able to attend... Plenty of people told me I really didn't miss anything LOL

Proteus
Fri Oct 09, 2009, 04:23 PM
It was in cincinnati a few months ago and I wasn't able to attend... Plenty of people told me I really didn't miss anything LOL

I should have been more specific... a few years ago, I think there was a convention there the year before or after Denver in '04