PDA

View Full Version : automatic feeders

arjones
Mon Sep 07, 2009, 03:02 PM
I was wondering whether automatic feeders would actually work with discus. I feed mine earthworm flake, beef heart flake, brine shrimp flake, tetra prima, spirinula pellets. Soon i am going to end up away from home most of the week(4 days) I can feed them when im back but I worry they wont be fed properly when im not around to care for them. The automatic feeders will just drop the food on the surface and obviously the discus mainly feed from the middle of the water column. Is there a way around this problem or is the only solution to rely on family members.

Hollowman
Mon Sep 07, 2009, 04:30 PM
Auto feeders work well.
Why not try tetra prima or Tony Tan granular foods

arjones
Mon Sep 07, 2009, 07:02 PM
thanks. i havnt heard of tony tan foods before but after reading about them they sound pretty good. Do you feed your fish these? if so which ones? would it be beneifial to mix these foods to provide variety?

Hollowman
Mon Sep 07, 2009, 08:12 PM
You can mix it it is no problem.

http://shop1.actinicexpress.co.uk/shops/DiscusSouth/index.php?cat=Tony_Tan_Granular_Feeds&ActinicSID=13bb194b1a657907963b8eeadc1c78b9

I feed both Vital Power and Day by Day, Paul also sells 'prima' in smaller amounts if required.

arjones
Tue Sep 08, 2009, 03:41 PM
yeah that is exactly what i was thinkin of feedin and i already got prima thanks though. I already filled out a shoopping basket on his site lol

Hollowman
Tue Sep 08, 2009, 09:16 PM
great,

by the way, I was there today, he has just got a new shipment in. There are some spectacular albino leopards, eruptions, chequerboard pigeon and some big turks in now. Just in today, so still need qt before they are ready, but well worth a call.

H