PDA

View Full Version : New 6ftx24x28 help with setting up (just to make sure)

xrboy_85
Fri Aug 28, 2009, 01:40 AM
Ok Guys here goes nothing

Most of you regulars will have seen my 4fta and now kick a** water changing set up. however after decidiing i want mor of these babies i had considered putting a 28" high 4ft on the current stand however after seeing matt15's 5ft i have decided to go one bigger!!!!!

i am going to buy a 6ftx24x28 set up and start again and use the 4fta as my water storage tank,

i am goign to keep my fluval 404 for the 6ft and purchase another canister 2200lph. and a sun sun 8 tube t5 light set up. will keep the otto to push a bit of water around the bottom.

i think i am going to have to take the plunge with c02 and am planning on using the same 2-3mm gravel i have now.

will probabley cange some plants the disci's seem to like the myra plant i put in a few weeks ago the lower stalks are fairly stripped of leaves.

but will then look at doing a fairly basic plant set up keep my swords and val would love some red lotus for a bit of a mix.

would like to get some blyxa happening

any advice on how to do this better would be great

i am going to try to use all my origonal water when changing the tanks i will spyhon water down stairs like i am doing a gravel clean to a bare bottom tank then put the fluval on it to keep the bacteria going and top up with clean water sit over night then transfer fish and then move tanks accordingly

then set up the new tank and pump water back upstairs to try to kinda get it going easily.

in my head it all seeam to be a pretty fail proof plan.

gee lucky im not robbing a bank!!!i would be thinking for a life time ha ha