PDA

View Full Version : Angelfish scales peeling off

Barracuda
Fri Jul 31, 2009, 08:31 AM
Hi again
You may/may not have seen my previous post about my sick angelfish (regarding the hole in the head). I have transferred them into a 2ft tank where I medicated them with Aquarium Science Multi Purpose Medication.

Today I found one of them dead - he had pretty bad fin rot, and i noticed that his "skin"/scales had sort of peeled off - dont know whether the scales were burnt off or it was from a fight.

I also noticed that me female who had just started breeding now also has pretty bad fin rot, as well as this "burn/scar/peel" on its side of its body.

Anyone know what is happening? I definately did not overdose on the medication (put it in to aid with finrot/what ever disease it had), tank is filtered with an internal filter (has beneficial bacteria already from another tank).

What would you recommend?

Thanks

Barracuda
Fri Jul 31, 2009, 12:17 PM
DISASTER!!!
Checked the ammonia, it was 3!!!
Really annoyed, thought the filter would have enough bacteria, been in another tank now for a couple of months!!
It was some cheapo internal with a course sponge inside - maybe it wasnt very efficient?
So I decided to put all the remaining angels back into the main tank - conditions were better there.
The fish with really bad fin rot/burn was placed in a net in the main tank - hopefully it will recover, but its fins are literally falling off...

Really lost as to what to do - what should I do??
Please help!

ILLUSN
Sat Aug 01, 2009, 08:19 AM
not much you can do now, keep up good water quality, add salt to maintain the slime coat, maybe try melafix to aid in healing.

Barracuda
Sat Aug 01, 2009, 10:17 AM
Thanks but she died this morning