PDA

View Full Version : Young discus & pairs for sale

DIY
Mon Jul 27, 2009, 02:35 AM
Unfortunately a combination of lack of time, and some focus on other hobbies has meant that I'm just not giving all my discus the attention they deserve :oops:

I just had to tear down my 6 footer that had been running since 2004 due to a leak and now I have nearly all my discus in a 4 foot tank :shock: .. I plan on getting my 6 footer up again this week, but the time has come to trim down the numbers as well :wink:

A lot of you will remember I had success with a batch of fry, I'm willing to sell the pair that produced that batch - my lengthy thread about that batch is here and has plenty of pics in it http://www.discusforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17743. The pair was still laying up until I tore down the main tank a week ago.

I also still have about 30 young discus left from that batch that I need to sell off. They are not as big as they should be for thier age :oops: becuase of the lack of attention in both waterchanges and aggresive feeding, but they are still healthy and confident and you will be able to haggle a good price, especially if you want to buy several - the more the cheaper I'll go :wink:

On top of that, anyone that comes around is welcome to point a finger at any discus in the tank and say "will you sell that one?" :wink: I may or may not depending on which one, but I do need to trim down the numbers so there's a chance lol (there's also some others that have paired up)

I'm not prepared to ship sorry, just too much hassle and I'm a good hour from the airport.. in peak hour I'm 1.5 hours away.

Come and pick out the ones you want and bring a bucket :) PM me to work out a time.

DIY
Mon Jul 27, 2009, 02:41 AM
Here's a couple of pics I took of the young ones a month ago

DIY
Mon Jul 27, 2009, 04:10 AM
In terms of prices - To be honest whatever's reasonable

I'm not worried about getting top dollar for them, I'd rather they go to someone who will look after them, so I'm happy for anyone that wants to buy to come and have a look and make an offer.

As long as it's not a silly offer I'm sure we can work it out and you'll go away happy :wink:

ozarowana
Mon Jul 27, 2009, 04:24 AM
They look great... there's no substitute for healthy discus. The pic says it all... good luck with the sale.

Matt15
Mon Jul 27, 2009, 10:15 AM
There's certainly some nice fish there. Best of luck with the sale.

dean_alicia
Tue Jul 28, 2009, 03:05 AM
pm sent but im not sure it worked. my computer is playing up...

DIY
Tue Jul 28, 2009, 03:11 AM
It worked, PM replied to :wink:

Mr Wild
Thu Jul 30, 2009, 12:39 PM
Posting to NSW available?

DIY
Thu Jul 30, 2009, 03:09 PM
I'm not prepared to ship sorry, just too much hassle and I'm a good hour from the airport.. in peak hour I'm 1.5 hours away.

Sorry, no shipping, too much hassle :oops:

BT1-355
Thu Aug 06, 2009, 11:34 AM
still have any left????

coldfusion
Mon Aug 10, 2009, 04:32 AM
heyhey
any left???

DIY
Mon Aug 10, 2009, 03:03 PM
Oops sorry guys, haven't been checking this post :oops:

If you PM me I get an email :wink:

Yes still have around a dozen young ones left, mostly turks with a couple of blue diamonds and snakeskins.

breeding pair is still available too, everyone that comes wants to buy the big male of the pair, but I'm not willing to seperate - you buy him with his missus, or I keep em, its like a tragic love story lol :roll:

AquaticMaster
Sat Aug 15, 2009, 01:04 PM
Hey i have sent you a PM let me know Thanks

discus21
Sun Aug 16, 2009, 12:18 AM
pm sent