PDA

View Full Version : WTB Apistogramma Trifasciata

mourt
Wed Jul 15, 2009, 07:09 AM
Looking at buying two males and two females in the Sydney area. Can anyone help me out?

Hassles
Wed Jul 15, 2009, 07:14 AM
Looking at buying two males and two females in the Sydney area. Can anyone help me out?

A.trifasciata become available from time to time through Bayfish and others. Harrass your LFS manager to seek some for you and be patient. Failing that give me a few months and I'll be able to ship some up your way - once the fry have grown some.

take care

Robdog
Wed Jul 15, 2009, 09:24 AM
Do you have any fry of any species available right now Hassles??

Hassles
Wed Jul 15, 2009, 11:59 AM
Do you have any fry of any species available right now Hassles??

The recently spawn trifasciata, hongsloi and macmasteri fry are the only 'fry' I have at this time. The hongsloi & macmasteri are close to being transportable, the trifasciata (small spawn) are much too young and much too small. However I have steindachneri, gibbiceps, jurensis & cacatuoides all ready to depart from Melbourne

regards'
Glenn

mourt
Wed Jul 15, 2009, 12:24 PM
I've been harassing my LFS managers for a while. Even though they are quality stores they keep saying its not on their wholesalers lists.

Do you possibly have a list/pricing for the apistos you have or will have soon?

steph
Fri Jul 17, 2009, 07:00 AM
Hi All

Been a long time since I posted but.. Glenn where did you get the A. steindachneri from ?? I have looked for this fish over the years in Sydney for a very very long time. I even had a 'pair' but the male was huge and the female really tiny.

From what I read its meant to be an easy fish to keep and being slightly larger I reckon it should be a popular one with 'newbies' and those whose partners have a fit when you come home from the LFS with 2 little brown fish that cost $50 each :)

Any one in Sydney got them?

Cheers

Steph

Hassles
Fri Jul 17, 2009, 08:38 AM
I acquired my steindachneri through my LFS via Bayfish via Glasers.

Harley. are you there ? I believe a LFS down Newcastle way have steindachneri at the moment. hey Harley, thats where you got em'yeah ?

Yeah, big dwarf but easy to keep / breed

I have just had another spawn so if you can't find any I can ship you some.

BigDaddyAdo
Fri Jul 17, 2009, 09:53 AM
Hi Hassles,

Let me know when your Trifas are ready. I have a pair but am thinking about adding another female.

I have been searching for Trifas for ages and ended up getting some shipped from Qld.

Only had them in the tank for a few days but they are settling in nicely. The female is tiny. The male is starting to explore and show of his amazing finage and colour.

They are beaut little fish. Im glad i waited and didnt settle for any other apisto.

Robdog
Fri Jul 17, 2009, 11:05 AM
Good to have you back Steph.

Hassles
Fri Jul 17, 2009, 11:13 AM
Hi Hassles,

Let me know when your Trifas are ready. I have a pair but am thinking about adding another female.

I have been searching for Trifas for ages and ended up getting some shipped from Qld.

Only had them in the tank for a few days but they are settling in nicely. The female is tiny. The male is starting to explore and show of his amazing finage and colour.

They are beaut little fish. Im glad i waited and didnt settle for any other apisto.

Big Daddy, I am sure you would be equally smitten by A.bitaeniata.

Re: trifasciata: Cichlid Atlas suggests occilating tempertures between 22 and 27 to be advantageous and have a clear effect on life expectancy.

harley
Sat Jul 18, 2009, 12:04 AM
Steph,

The shop in Newcastle is Crossroads, Glendale. Only have one male Steindachneri left last time I looked.

I did see a lone female at Reef Aquariums, Hornsby about two weeks ago. Their prices are good. 5 times less than you are expecting to pay.

Ado,

Hope your Trifas are settling in fine.

Cheers,