PDA

View Full Version : Another batch of eggs

lillyd
Fri Jul 10, 2009, 10:09 AM
Ok so my new batch of fry are 2 days free swimming today and they are already getting nice and big and so I topped up the tank since they have found the parents and I have just watched the parents lay a new batch with the fry swimming along side. So do you think they will tolerate the swimming fry or do you think they will go postal and eat them all. Some advie would be appreciated.

Cheers Jane

gabriel_15
Sun Jul 12, 2009, 02:31 PM
Its hard decision to make my friend. Its hard to choose whether you're going to stick with the 'swimming frys' or not.

it just happened that your pair is on their 'productive and aggressive' stage. You know what i mean?

Well., if your pair is not doing anything bad with your frys,, good. but I cannot say they are totally safe based on the current condition of the parents. Its your choice.,

It will also help if you will place a 'small wattage' fluorescent lamp on the top of your aquarium. In this way, the parents can monitor the eggs as well as their frys,, Hope this helps.. Good luck.

lillyd
Mon Jul 13, 2009, 02:44 PM
Thanks for the advice. The father started eating them so we pulled them out and are now raising them artificially. So fingers crossed.

gabriel_15
Tue Jul 14, 2009, 10:36 AM
Well you can try Baby Brine Shrimp (BBS), It is the most common food used by experts to feed on young discus.

Just keep the waters clean. You know small discus are very sensitive.

:D