PDA

View Full Version : WTB Discus TODAY - Sydney Areas

Mjfish
Sat Jun 27, 2009, 11:53 PM
Hey guys,

My brother and i are wanting to shop around today for some Discus in the Sydney area. No particular breeds in mind just looking for some fantastic fish! Breeders/Babies would be fantastic as we have the tank setup and ready to go.

If you guys could possibly post locations, or give me a call on 0421 608 964 and let me know what you have available that would be much appreciated.

XPLOSV
Sun Jun 28, 2009, 10:45 PM
Give Fish rock @ Eastwood or Chatswood a visit, I just bought 4 from them last Tuesday.

Good value and healthy, however if the young guy is serving you/catching your fish do tell them to calm down cause he have no idea whats his doing.

Mjfish
Mon Jun 29, 2009, 02:00 AM
Haha thanks for the advice XP. I visited about 10 different aquariums stores in western sydney yesterday, i think i saw TWO discus that i liked. yes 2 out of the many that i did see. I'll be ready to purchase this weekend as my tank will be ready, i'll give Fish Rock a visit. Did they have many around the 5cm mark without too much peppering?

fiftycal
Mon Jun 29, 2009, 11:22 AM
I went to Neptune's aquarium at blacktown the other day. They had some nice checkerboards there, but not much else that really stood out to me.

BigDaddyAdo
Thu Jul 02, 2009, 11:04 AM
Where is Neptunes?

BigDaddyAdo
Thu Jul 02, 2009, 11:06 AM
I just remember where it is.... I was there on Sunday... LOL.

They have gone down hill. I cant believe that Oscar that they have been trying to sell for sooo long. It has had the worst case of HITH ive ever seen.

They only decent discus they had were not for sale. I wanted to buy some plants but they also wouldnt sell them to me....Very strange shop.

DiscusDave
Thu Jul 02, 2009, 11:32 AM
They only decent discus they had were not for sale. I wanted to buy some plants but they also wouldnt sell them to me....Very strange shop.

How strange :roll:

XPLOSV
Thu Jul 02, 2009, 11:43 AM
[quote=BigDaddyAdo]

eh?

what were you after Ado?

XPLOSV
Thu Jul 02, 2009, 11:43 AM
Sorry for hi jacking your thread.

bronco
Fri Jul 03, 2009, 04:18 AM
the neptunes shop in blacktown, is at st martins village, i also checked there discus out, very high quality and great condition, but the price for juvinales they told me, were riducoulous, a full yellow discus, 110 bucks..lol, and i asked for the others and he said there all around 100 bucks..

Thats the biggest ripp off prices ive eva seen in a while of discus searching..

fiftycal
Fri Jul 03, 2009, 10:01 AM
The guy I talked to said the checkerboards were 150, which seemed a decent price. Most of the others were under 100 but I wasnt paying too much attention.

Hey ado, know anywhere near the Hills that sells decent discus? There was that place that used to be near the Windsor rd/old northern rd/seven hills rd intersection, but its long gone. I remember they used to have some wilds and some nice discus. Everywhere else I have seen around here was the usual $60 for a stunted poor quality juvenile discus.

I think kellyville pets has the highest price/lowest quality discus I have seen in a while...

Mjfish
Fri Jul 03, 2009, 12:43 PM
Hey guys,

Thanks for the advice.

I actually was at Neptune's last night.... The state of some of their fish was actually depressing.... But that's not to say that they did have a few good things (Cichlids).

Although i really did feel sorry for the barramundi.. It looked very sick.

There were a few discus.. But yeah i found that they were charging oh lets say about $75 over budget per juvie.

I'll be going to Xtreme and Fish Rock this w/e and will report back :D

Also - Spoke to Tao (Screenname off another forum) he'll have a few hundred discus available in about 4 weeks - and i'm willing to wait to see the quality.

mikeee
Sat Jul 04, 2009, 04:39 AM
JMS at carlingford have some decent discus sometimes but no juvies

Fish rock at ryde have good quality discus and they have some decent juvies sometimes too

fiftycal
Sat Jul 04, 2009, 09:06 AM
I have heard that many people have had bad experiences with Tao. His discus are apparently all hormoned

fish8600
Sun Jul 05, 2009, 01:08 AM
I'll be going to Xtreme and Fish Rock this w/e and will report back :D

Mattzilla
Sun Jul 05, 2009, 01:54 AM
xtreme has sadly closed

fiftycal
Sun Jul 05, 2009, 08:46 AM
What?

How come?

What happened?

BigDaddyAdo
Sun Jul 05, 2009, 11:09 AM
I agree that JMS get some nice stock and are very well priced. Not much else around the hills.

Everywhere i've visited lately has been a big letdown to say the least.

bartek
Sun Jul 05, 2009, 11:02 PM
Yep JMS is has nice discus at very good prices. Always ask for a discount!

I was at Fishrock Eastwood the other week and they have some BD juvies for about $30-40.

Robdog
Mon Jul 06, 2009, 01:46 AM
Hey ado, know anywhere near the Hills that sells decent discus? There was that place that used to be near the Windsor rd/old northern rd/seven hills rd intersection, but its long gone. I remember they used to have some wilds and some nice discus.

Was that Waterzoo 50? Pretty sure both their shops have closed down(Chatswood too).

fiftycal
Mon Jul 06, 2009, 03:25 AM
I think it was Waterzoo. They had some real nice BIG discus.

Last time I went to JMS, it was a long time ago but their stock seemed quite plain. Sounds like things have changed though