PDA

View Full Version : Where have my Kribensis gone??

Nic
Sun Jun 14, 2009, 08:43 AM
Hi.
I have just recently bought a male and
female krib.
Only thing is she has disappeared off the face of the planet?!!!
Jus wondering whether she could b hiding in a
Cave she has prepared for breeding

Cheers

Barracuda
Sun Jun 14, 2009, 09:06 AM
Yea if you do not see them for a couple of days they have prob laid eggs! You will know when the female brings the wrigglers out to explore the tank and the male defends fiercly

kristina
Mon Jun 15, 2009, 02:51 AM
have you got anything else in the tank that may have killed her? If they are spawning you will notice territorial behaviour already. Stick your hand in the tank and see if it gets attacked.

Rod
Mon Jun 15, 2009, 04:12 AM
Were they colourful and displaying to each other before she disappeared?

If they were.....

$50 says she's in the cave tending eggs...

She will appear with fry shortly is my guess!

Nic
Mon Jun 15, 2009, 10:51 AM
Thx for the advice guys. I stuck my
arm in this arvo but have not been able to find her at all. She was bright pink before she went walkabout so crossing my fingers shes
about with a few little tackers. Dont think theyd last long
in my tank tho. Is it possible she jumped out???

TW
Mon Jun 15, 2009, 11:25 AM
How long she been missing for.

When I bought my pair, I put them in the tank & couldn't find them at all for the next week. Next time I saw them, they were herding their free swimming fry around the tank.

I hope this is what has happened to yours.

But in answer to your question, yes there is a possibility she may have jumped out. So you can see the male?

Nic
Tue Jun 16, 2009, 04:39 AM
Shes been gone for about 2 - 3 days now, and the male is getting around fine...no problems there. Im just dreading that she has jumped out. No sign of her really.

kristina
Thu Jun 18, 2009, 04:27 AM
2-3 days is not too much to worry about. She could have jumped out, but if she did, there is a good chance that she would be lying on the floor somewhere near the tank (unless you have other pets... or children). If her partner is fine I would say she is ok. The partner usually freaks out when they loose their mate. Not always, but I have seen a few different fish freak out looking for their partner or follow them out the tank where they escaped. Wait a few more days... Out of curiosity, what else do you have in the tank? If she died, is there anything in the tank that could have disposed of the body?

Nic
Thu Jun 18, 2009, 08:12 AM
The only thing i couldve imagined eating it would be my large silver Angelfish...this and my Kribs went in together so i cant imagine that eating a decent sized fish like the Kribensis.
Well its been about a week and i havent seen her or any trace of a dead body or for that fact, any baby fishies.
I reckon shes jumped out....:(
Shame really, i wouldve liked baby Kribs......
Thx for your assistance guys....but to no avail.

kristina
Thu Jun 18, 2009, 11:17 AM
Total Bummer man. If she did jump out of the tank, do you reckon you woulda seen her on the floor?? don't give up entirely, she might still be in hiding.

Barracuda
Thu Jun 18, 2009, 11:30 AM
Kribs, being bottom feeders, wouldnt usually jump out - am i wrong? Try having a look under the cave (lifting it up).