PDA

View Full Version : Loss of Color and No Appetite

MARIO MORRIS
Mon Jun 08, 2009, 09:54 AM
Hi Guys

I just noticed that 2 of my discuss have lost all their color. They have turned almost grey/brown. Neither of these fish are eating and they isolate themselves from the others.

I have checked the water and there is nothing wrong with it. I was wondering if anyone can help or possibly know how to cure this illness that the fish have.

Kangus
Fri Jun 19, 2009, 04:18 AM
hi
i am quiet new to this aswell, but it could be worms - do they have white/clear poop or other unusual things around that area?

there is a couple of good sticky threads on worming which miught be heplful

Kangus
Fri Jun 19, 2009, 04:24 AM
look in the Illness and Medication section on this forum, there is some good info there

BobbyBruce
Fri Jun 19, 2009, 06:26 AM
Hi Mario,

I hope you and your fish are still around.

When you say there is nothing wrong with the water people will want to be knowing at least the basics of temperature, ph, gh, kh, amonnia, nitrite and nitrate levels. Also your water change regime and how long your filter has been running.

Also, how many discus do you have? Did they all come from the same place at the same time? What size tank are they in and what other fish do you have in there ?

Any other information you can provide in regards to these fish would also be helpful.

Are they swimming in a normal upright position? Are the fins held erect and away from the body or are the clamped in close? What colour are the eyes? Do they seem to be breathing too fast (faster than the other discus) or only breathing (gill movement) on one side? A description of the faeces can also be of assistance in determining the problem that your fish have.

Regards,

Bob