PDA

View Full Version : discus world?

bronco
Sun Jun 07, 2009, 06:45 AM
hi, im considering buying from discusworld, all my discus, but i would like to to know if anyone has purchased from them and how was the quality of the discus and there experience?

Or can anyone tell me where to buy in sydney any cheap discus aswell?

i currenttly have 1 juvi discus at the moment, wanting to buy as bulk to lesson the risk of disease, as everyone has being saying its best that way.

thanks..

jesx57
Sun Jun 07, 2009, 08:19 AM
If you are talking about the one situated in Hervey Bay, then yes, I have purchased from there. I can vouch that their discus are of very high quality, the owner was kind enough to let me view his breeding pairs as well. When I bought my discus, they were about $10 - $15 dollars for 6cm ones and I paid $20 for a 8cm one. Very nice patterning, already starting to colour up at a young age. Discusworld firmly believe in not using any types of hormones, so there are no worries there. Overall, I had a very pleasant experience with them. I'd suggest you check out their website, I'm pretty sure they have the new pricing list available.

Hollowman
Sun Jun 07, 2009, 09:48 AM
I like to see a good recommendation. One word of warning though, never buy cheap. Know what you are looking for, a little knowledge gained beforehand will save you many headaches in the future.
Good luck

Steve

bronco
Sun Jun 07, 2009, 10:06 AM
well i emailed them, and they said there currently moving between old and new facility, and i asked him how do i pay,etc. but he didnt answer me, so i assume he aint selling until he has moved.

swampy.1972
Fri Jun 12, 2009, 08:47 AM
Hi Bronco,
I think Discus world are moving to Brisbane to make shipping easier out of Bris' airport, so that makes me think they must sell a lot of fish! That has to say something positive about their stock. I'm also looking to buy from them after their move.
I recently found "Sydney discus world" at Homebush in western Sydney. It's not a large store but Nick (the owner) stocks some beautiful fish. They range in price from about $30 to several hundred.
Check out his website. www.sydneydiscusworld.com.au and give him a call.

bronco
Fri Jun 12, 2009, 09:53 AM
lol, i bought my first discus from there.

there really small for 30 dollars.

yea, im waiting for them to move now, to make my purchase too, hopefully they have new strains.