PDA

View Full Version : Indian Almond Leaves

AHC
Thu Jun 04, 2009, 04:52 AM
Hi All,

There has been some talk on here about people wanting and trying to purchase some indian almond leaves. I believe some people were having trouble accessing someone who can get them regularly.

Most people here should know of the benefits obtained when using these leaves so i won't go into it. There are lots of info available already.

Anyway, i have been in contact with a competitive supplier in Thailand who sells these leaves to buyers here in Oz. I found his details on another forum (slap my infidelity fingers! They've been spying on other sites for years :wink: ).

I asked Jeff and Wan if they would consider selling to this forum as there has been some interest in the past. He emailed saying it will be no problem and to obtain the forum address so he can become a member. Hope this was ok. Had the interest of fellow forum members at hand.

Should be able to get some leaves here soon.

xichlong
Thu Jun 04, 2009, 05:07 AM
Thanks Aaron

I am very interested in getting these leaves as well. Please keep posting about the availability of this.

Many thanks

AHC
Thu Jun 04, 2009, 05:12 AM
Hi,

No problemo. i had a suspicion a couple of us might. I have emailed jeff and Wan the forum web address and they will be becoming a member soon. Im sure they will post once they are set up.

Cheers

ILLUSN
Thu Jun 04, 2009, 05:17 AM
getting the leave through customs is a bit of a problem, it really depends on who's on that day, I've had a few shipments destroyed in the past.

TW
Thu Jun 04, 2009, 07:18 AM
I'd be too scared to try again. I've already had one warning letter from Customs about receiving plants plants in the mail. Next time, they said they'd fine me. Even though these are dried, I still think it may be a problem with customs.

Jothy, you received more than one warning, did you? I wondered if they had a data base of pple who had previously received warnings & you get so many chances before they actually do fine you?

It's probably a more expensive way to do it, but you can buy the packaged miracle leaves from Age of Aquarium. These are the same thing. Get's quite pricey.

Rod
Thu Jun 04, 2009, 12:27 PM
Dried Indian Almond leaves....ketapang

are a LEGAL import.....will only be confiscated if leaves aren't clean of fungus/ scale etc

There are several commercial suppliers on AquaBid who pack leaves professionally.....Jeff and Wan do a good Job.... :wink:

TW
Thu Jun 04, 2009, 12:37 PM
In that case, if it's all legit, I'd love to buy from Jeff & Wan. How do we contact them?

I thought I also read a link on another forum, where someone was trying to get permission to send them to Aust, but they were told by customs that they only could be allowed if they were packed similar to tea bags. I probably have that all wrong, plus I read it a while back & things might have progressed further since that time.

Anyway, that's great news.

AHC
Thu Jun 04, 2009, 10:26 PM
Jeff and Wan have confirmed to me via email that they have been supplying leaves to members of the AusAqua forum for a few month now with no hassles from AQIS. sorry to post the name of the forum. Please block if need be.

I guess we can always try. If they are clean then it shouldnt be a problem. :? :)

TW
Thu Jun 04, 2009, 11:21 PM
So we contact them via that forum, Aaron?

AHC
Thu Jun 04, 2009, 11:27 PM
Hey Robyn, Jeff and Wan will be joining this forum soon and will be supplying their contact information. They are aware i have posted an FYI.

I will let them give everyone their contact details seeing as though they are becoming members.

AHC
Fri Jun 05, 2009, 02:56 AM
Ok so it turns out Jeff and Wan have become a member a while ago and his memory rings a bell that his hotmail account is banned. I have heard these accounts can be unbanned on a case by case basis.

Administrators - is it possible to get his email address unbanned? He said he cannot PM you as he cannot log in. He said if you email him he can tell you guys a bit about himself and his wife etc. I will PM you his email address.

If we cannot get the hotmail email working then he asked if he could give me a bit of info regarding the leaves, prices, picture and his contact details and maybe i could post it for him?

Proteus
Fri Jun 05, 2009, 03:33 AM
Check your PM's Aaron.... :wink:

block2
Fri Jun 05, 2009, 02:48 PM
Hi Arron,

Leaves where sent today as promised...will send you invoice, 2 pics of leaves boxed and unboxed and copy of post office receipt tomorrow as also promised.

Kind Regards
Jeff & Wan

AHC
Sun Jun 07, 2009, 03:26 AM
Hi Everyone,

Please see the below link for the leaves. Thanks Jeff and Wan. Have sent an email just now.

http://www.discusforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19319

Cheers

Hassles
Mon Jun 08, 2009, 12:07 PM
If you simply wanna lower your PH try Oak Tree Leaves - my Apistos love 'em and customs ain't involved

TW
Mon Jun 08, 2009, 03:00 PM
If you simply wanna lower your PH try Oak Tree Leaves - my Apistos love 'em and customs ain't involved

I don't have access to any oak tree leaves. I have access to far, far, far too many gum tree leaves. Our yard & pool always look such a mess.

Hassles, do you just pick the oak leaves & dry them out. Any special method of drying them?

block2
Mon Jun 08, 2009, 03:36 PM

Hi Hassles,

If you read our thread Indian Almond Leaves For Sale you will also see customs (AQIS) are not involved and it is totally legitimate to import them into Australia and Indian Almond Leaves have so much more benefits then just lowering the PH of the water.

Kind Regards
Jeff & Wan

Robdog
Wed Jun 10, 2009, 03:09 AM
I can get all the Almond Leaves anyone could want up here. If anyone wants some local stuff, let me know.

ILLUSN
Mon Jun 15, 2009, 02:49 AM
You've got a pm Rob

block2
Mon Jun 15, 2009, 04:38 AM
Hi Rob,

Very rude hijacking another members thread, may I suggest you open up a new thread with your information.

Regards
Jeff & Wan

P.S. I hope you have many leaves in stock as if the trees are anything like the trees in Thailand the leaves are not due to fall for another 4 - 5 months.

A note of advice....hand picked green leaves are a NO NO. Naturally fallen leaves reddish/purple in colour are the kiddies.

boydie
Thu Jun 18, 2009, 07:15 AM
there is a plentiful suply up here in cairns

Proteus
Thu Jun 18, 2009, 07:22 AM
Keep to the topic please

If there are so many leaves up there start a new topic.

block2
Thu Jun 18, 2009, 09:21 AM
Great Advice Proteus

it's a shame some members don't read/stick by the rules.

Regards
Jeff & Wan

AHC
Thu Jun 18, 2009, 10:43 PM
Sorry Jeff,

Guys, if you where willing to source and sell the leaves up north, then you should have stepped up when people where asking for them a while ago. :x

block2
Fri Jun 19, 2009, 01:48 AM
Hi Aaron,

No Problems at all. You always get 1 or 2 on each forum that like to rock the boat with their off the cuff comments.

Theres alot more to it then simply finding a tree. But if they want to go out and collect the leaves ( which they will not be able to do at this time of the year, as the leaves are not ready to fall for at least another 2 - 3 months ), then wash the leaves, then press the leaves then store the leaves for 1 - 2 months for the leaves to dry out properly, then brush the leaves before packing ready to post I have no problems with that.

There are many people on the internet selling the leaves, our prices are one of the cheapest if not the cheapest. We are not in this to make mega bucks, after we have done all of the above and paid the postage we are left with very little profit.

When I was in the UK I knew how hard it was to source the leaves. I used to buy mine off ebay and aquabid, which where not cheap, but the village where I stay now we have quite a few trees. At the end of the day if I can help other fish keepers / breeders in sourcing the leaves at a reasonable price it's a job worth doing..it also gives my wife and myself something to do durning the day, and if i do have to go back to the UK, for any length of time, then my wife has a little income every month.

I am looking forward to them both putting a post in the classifieds section saying they have the leaves for sale but somehow I cannot see it happening. But if they do...I wish them both luck.

Kind Regards
Jeff & Wan

TW
Fri Jun 19, 2009, 01:50 AM
Hi Jeff

Do I need to wash the leaves before I add them to tank. Just thought if this now, when I have already thrown some in this morning unwashed. Was that a mistake?

block2
Fri Jun 19, 2009, 01:56 AM
Hi Tw,

No Problems, you can give them a gentle rinse under the tap or you can put them in as they are ...entirely up to you. We have already cleaned the leaves twice, by washing and by brushing.

Kind Regards
Jeff & Wan

block2
Fri Jun 19, 2009, 02:05 AM
Hi TW,

Sorry I forgot to mention....not sure how you are storing the leaves but may I suggest if you have not already done this to take them out of the plastic bag, put them in a box ( the box we sent them in is ideal ) with a piece of paper on the bottom of the box and a piece of paper on the top of the leaves then add a weight on top of the leaves, a heavy book or a stone/brick, bit like flower pressing...this way the leaves will last a lot longer and will not sweat in the bag.

Regards
Jeff & Wan

TW
Fri Jun 19, 2009, 08:06 AM
Darn, I threw the box out. They are still in your plastic bag. I was going to buy a plastic container to store them in - is that a bad idea? Should they be stored in something that breathes, instead of something air tight?

block2
Fri Jun 19, 2009, 10:24 AM
Hi TW,

Anything will do, as long as they don't sweat....if you keep them in the plastic bag there's a good chance they will sweat...it's not a problem but you may get a small amout of mildew.

Just means you will have to either rinse them or brush them....it's not a big deal.

Regards
Jeff & Wan

TW
Fri Jun 19, 2009, 10:32 AM
Well, I might poke a few holes in my plastic container for moisture to escapte, line it top & bottom with absorbant paper towels, with a paving stone on top - then the lid of the container. I think that should stop the mildew.

Thanks for the tip :)

Robdog
Sun Jun 21, 2009, 12:44 PM
I am looking forward to them both putting a post in the classifieds section saying they have the leaves for sale but somehow I cannot see it happening. But if they do...I wish them both luck.

Sorry Jeff if you thought I was trying to cut your grass(or pick your leaves) :wink: Not my intention.
You probably won't see a classified ad from me. But if I see one from Boydie trying to sell leaves then look out! :lol: He's dodgy as and I haven't even met him :wink:

block2
Sun Jun 21, 2009, 03:34 PM

Sorry Jeff if you thought I was trying to cut your grass(or pick your leaves) :wink: Not my intention.
You probably won't see a classified ad from me. But if I see one from Boydie trying to sell leaves then look out! :lol: He's dodgy as and I haven't even met him :wink:

Hi Rob,

Like I mentioned previously, absolute no problems...and I'm sure other members will make a note of what you have said about Boydie...it's a real shame...

I was originally approached by a fellow forum member, who had seen our threads on another forum and there as been good rapport between both of us, Myself and Wan are really grateful for his help getting us to be able to join discusforums.com...and I would also like to thank Proteus for the outstanding work that he does has it must be bedlam sometimes.

But you always seem to get one or two, on what ever forum it is that like to rock the boat with their snide immature negative posts. ( that sentence is not aimed at you ROB..just I am trying to state a point :wink: )

Like I have stated before myself and Wan do not make mega bucks...but if we can help other fish keepers/breeders in sourcing the leaves at a reasonable price for the work we do..it's a job worth doing and hopefully all parties are happy.

We aim to supply a fast friendly service with a quality product in a professional manner.

Thankyou for your comments and your post, no offence as been taking and hope to chat with you again in the near future.

Regards
Jeff & Wan

xichlong
Wed Jun 24, 2009, 04:11 AM
Hi Jeff

Thanks for the leaves, I received the package on Monday. Great!! The package was opened by AQIS but has passed the requirement.

I use them in my tanks now and it was great. Thanks again Jeff

block2
Wed Jun 24, 2009, 05:09 AM
Hi Quan,

Thankyou for posting and letting us know the leaves arrived with no problems and that you are happy with your purchase. 7 days not bad...I reckon AQIS are starting to recongnise our parcels and know we are sticking to the rules.

Kind regards
Jeff & Wan

boydie
Wed Jun 24, 2009, 06:46 AM
hey all.just a short note.
I AM NOT A CROOK BY ANY MEANS.
ROBDOG WAS HAVING A BIT OF A JOKE WITH YOU ALL.
LIGHTEN UP A BIT GUYS :lol:

cheers boydie

block2
Wed Jun 24, 2009, 08:21 AM
Hi Boydie,

Like I mentioned previously, absolute no problems...but at the end of the day this is AHC's ( Aaron ) thread. You and Rob hyjacked the thread with your negative comments....if you can get the leaves and want to sell them...I wish you luck...but don't post negative feedback.

Discusforums does not want silly remarks. At the end of the day my dad is bigger than your dad... :lol: hope you are getting my drift.

I was approached by Aaron and Proteus was kind enough to bend the rules a little and let me and Wan join the forum...also if you read mine and AHC's threads you will see that Myself and Wan have had nothing but positive feedbacks on the service that we provide.

So if the leaves are plentiful in Cairns and you can provide the same service as myself and Wan Good Luck to you. But if you have no intention of sourcing the leaves for fellow members don't post silly comments.

Rant over...like i said to Rob no offence taking and hope to chat sensibly with you other the coming months.

Regards
Jeff & Wan

boydie
Thu Jun 25, 2009, 07:43 AM
jeff and wan i dont sell themand dont want too.my comments are far from negative.
hope your venture goes well.

boydie

block2
Thu Jun 25, 2009, 09:27 AM
jeff and wan i dont sell themand dont want too.my comments are far from negative.
hope your venture goes well.

boydie

Hi Boydie,

I quote Robs posts :

" I can get all the Almond Leaves anyone could want up here. If anyone wants some local stuff, let me know."

and

"You probably won't see a classified ad from me."

Boydie....You say your comments are far from negative.

You have just said " you dont sell the leaves and don't want too".

But you earlier posted " there is a plentiful suply up here in cairns ".

I personally think there is nothing positive about them posts other than been bitchy remarks ...... so why post them ????

I have and will never say, that all yours and Rob's comments are negative, no doubt you both put positive feedback into the forum occassionally. But on this occassion I feel that yours and Robs' comments where negative comments.

Regards
Jeff & Wan

scuba123cliff
Thu Jun 25, 2009, 09:33 AM
How about we let sleeping dogs lie and put an end to this.

Robdog
Thu Jun 25, 2009, 12:11 PM
I'll admit that at first, I didn't realise that this was actually a classifieds thread, hence my response offering another avenue of Almond Leaves.
I've offered that alternative and I hardly see that as "negative" or "bitchy" or an act of terrorist thread hijacking.
Again, my mistake. :D

block2
Thu Jun 25, 2009, 03:33 PM
Hi Cliff,

I totally agree.

Regards
Jeff & Wan

DiscusDave
Tue Jun 30, 2009, 09:47 AM
Hi Jeff and Wan

My package arrived today, safe and well thank you. The was opened by AQIS - they didn't open the inner bag, they did insert 2 brouchures, one stating "What you cannot post to Australaia" and another saying "Opened for inspection - no items have been removed" :D

Thanks again

Dave

scuba123cliff
Tue Jun 30, 2009, 10:32 AM
Hi Jeff and Wan

Just to let you know get my leaves today

Thanks

Cliff

Ultra_pikey
Tue Jun 30, 2009, 11:38 AM
Hi Jeff and Wan,

Thank you so much!

My leaves arrived safe & sound today. Likewise, they were opened by Customs, but passed fine.

I even got my 2 "bonus" AQIS Brochures :blob

To anyone thinking of buying these leaves, they are great quality and Jeff & Wan are great to deal with.

Jeff, you're a gent & thanks again.

Cheers, Pikey. :)

block2
Tue Jun 30, 2009, 06:00 PM
Hi All,

Seems they all arrived the same day with no problems...myself and Wan are happy that you are happy...utmost respect

Jeff & Wan