PDA

View Full Version : Jebao Canister Filters?

Barracuda
Wed Jun 03, 2009, 12:40 PM
Anyone use this brand?

Apparently they are made in the same factory that produce eheim - supposedly being of the same quality - but a LOT cheaper.

I am planning it to use it as a second filter with my fluval 405 (1300 l/h) in my 320L tank. Thinking of either adding the Jebao 304 (1200l/h) or the Jebao 103 (1500l/h) - what tank size is each recommened for? (cannot find much info on them).

http://www.guppysaquariumproducts.com.au/internal-external-filters/canister-filters/jebao-canister-filter-1200l/h/prod_1082.html
http://www.guppysaquariumproducts.com.au/internal-external-filters/canister-filters/jebao-canister-filter-1500l/h/prod_1080.html

First of all, would you recommend me getting a second filter, and if so, which one?

Can anyone recommend/not this brand of canister filter?

Thanks

ILLUSN
Wed Jun 03, 2009, 12:56 PM
aquanova's are junk ask anyone who's every ownd one, by pass is terrible moter is terrible parts are a nightmare theres in no way these things are even close to an eheim, except in concept.

if you want a real filter buy an eheim, if not your next best bet is fluval but I think the last good fluval ever made was the 3 series. the next best is the aquaone series but again quality isn't great, service and parts are fantastic though so you'll always be able to fix it.

if you want something cheaper but still good ditch the canister and buy an aquaclear hang on probably the most underrated filter in the world but a damn solid performer.

taksan
Thu Jun 04, 2009, 02:20 PM
Jebao's are NOT made in the same factory that produce Ehiem and are nowhere near Eheim quality. That said they do work but there are other designs of chinese cannisters I prefer like the Sun Sun CFM range which are believe it or not ...ok

andrewc
Tue May 25, 2010, 07:25 AM
I used the Resun 2800L Canister Filter with UV light for couple years, it is all fine and never have any problem. I think they are one of larger flow canister filter on market.