PDA

View Full Version : Natural ph Swing

Bad Inferno
Sun May 24, 2009, 12:34 AM
Its not often I run out of Co2 so I thought I would share the natural ph swing of my 450 L tank without CO2 over the last week. With pressurised CO2 on a controller it is rock solid maintaining a pH of 6.4. A water change would increase the pH for a couple of hours however the CO2 controller would bring it back down.

BTW, I have CO2 injected via an airstone sitting in the bottom of my intake tube of my Eheim. I don't bother about defusers (waste of money I think) as I know an airstone and Ehiem does a great job.

So If you think of a natural pH swing of 0.2 pH during a 24hr period without any CO2 injection, imagine what pressurised Co2 solenoid on a light timer would do to the pH during the day/night cycle.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/rjconway/aqua.png

I have improved the interface of my web pages proving interactive plots now. You can find all aquarium parameters at

www.rjconway.homeip.net

ILLUSN
Sun May 24, 2009, 01:59 PM
nice work mate always wondered what a natural swing looked like.

ozarowana
Sat Jul 25, 2009, 01:52 PM
WOW that's an impressive monitoring system!!! Do you have a thread on here about it? Too bad I've got way too many tanks to monitor ;o)

DiscusDave
Sat Aug 01, 2009, 04:29 AM
Nice interface! I'm looking to build something similar, do you have a description of your system? I'm lookin for something wireless - I want to use a PC as the data recorder and control unit, and remote sensors and switching devices in my "fishroom" (shed). Any recomendations (I'm and electrical engineer with software development experiance). Most of the wireless DAQ's I've looked into are expensive.

Dave