PDA

View Full Version : My tank

Fishontherun
Fri May 22, 2009, 02:24 PM
hi guys,
thought I would share some pix of my tank with you. still playing around my camera...
cheers

lpiasente
Fri May 22, 2009, 09:49 PM
very very nice.

Matt15
Sat May 23, 2009, 12:05 AM
Nice.... love the explosion of green and your fish look great.
What are your tank specs and any chance you could post some full lenght shots of your tank?

Taz Devil
Tue May 26, 2009, 10:56 AM
Mate Very Very Nice. The colours are absolutely superb.

Well Done

n_w_b
Tue May 26, 2009, 11:42 AM
wow, dude! the val is GREAT, as well as the discus and the wisteria! heard that its pretty hard to keep discus in planted tank, though i always wanted to try that out ^^ - keep up the good work!

Fishontherun
Tue May 26, 2009, 01:25 PM
thanks guys.
Matt I'll post a full length shot once I've got some.. my tank is a 4X2X2, T8 lights, used to have CO2 but not any more, fert by "dinasour dung" stuff .. nothing really fancy hehe

Fishontherun
Tue May 26, 2009, 01:32 PM
n_w_b i think it is hard to keep discus in planted tank if your aim is to grow them quickly .. otherwise it's pretty simple , water change regularly and they'll thrive!! but I've only have simple plants so maybe it work for now... it'd get complicated if you have plants that require lots of lights, fert, CO2...

n_w_b
Tue May 26, 2009, 10:55 PM
n_w_b i think it is hard to keep discus in planted tank if your aim is to grow them quickly .. otherwise it's pretty simple , water change regularly and they'll thrive!! but I've only have simple plants so maybe it work for now... it'd get complicated if you have plants that require lots of lights, fert, CO2...

um yeap, totally agree. Once you have discus in a heavily planted tank, you have to make sure the 'everything' in the water is perfect. Otherwise fish or plant will suffer....too complicated i guess, not a big fan of test kits. There is only anubias in the tank and they are DYing! They keep getting algae on them. Woo, you can use dinosaur dung on discus too?? Lol, i didnt know they wouldn't mind have other mineral/chemicals added to their water...guess you learn something new everyday ^^ thanks man, I might try putting that into mine

TW
Wed May 27, 2009, 04:18 AM
IME, it's only the keeping of juveniles in a planted tank that causes problems. Best to grow them up in a BB. Adult discus are fine in planted tanks.

TW
Wed May 27, 2009, 04:20 AM
Hey, sorry. How rude of me. :oops:

I completely forgot to say how nice your tank is. Colour of your discus is stunning against that green. Nice job

Fishontherun
Thu May 28, 2009, 12:37 PM
thanks TW. I have just got given a big piece of drift wood so I'm thinking of re-doing the tank. Will post an update soon !!
Peace out !! :-)

Repz
Thu Jun 11, 2009, 02:05 PM
OH MY GOSH WHERE DID YOU GET THOSE BLUE DISCUS!!!!
They are beautiful